Yep...It's Friday Farkers...What's Cookin'?

Nothing, still got some leftovers...

One day I'll beat JD, and start this weekend thread!! LOL!!

Four pork shoulders tonight. Two for the butcher at the market. Two for the Boy Scouts of America. I've been helping a young fellow with his Eagle Project, and tomorrow's the day I pledged lunch.

I'm gonna break in the new Party this weekend. Going to head to Sam's tommorrow to see what I can find to fill her up. Im thinking at least one brisket, one butt, a couple racks of ribs, a split chicken or two, and some turds for sure. Now I just need to find some people to come over and eat all this food!

I just got my NT meat grinder (all included this time) so I think Im going to make some brats with the HM brat seasoning I have. That reminds me, I have a HM buckboard bacon curing in the fridge, it will be ready to smoke on Sunday. Its my first, cant wait to try it. Gonna be a busy but great weekend. :-D

Not a thing... Going out with some friends tonight and tomorrow I am going down to Vero Beach for a party. One of my old college buddies is from an old time Florida money family. They own thousands of acres of grove land.

Here is part of the text from the invitation:

For over a century Florida Citrus Growers have looked to the full moon in February as a time of thanksgiving with the passing of the threat of wood killing cold weather. Come celebrate this and our many other blessings on:

Saturday February 23rd 3pm till 11pm

Wild Game Feast
The Dhali Lamas Blues Trio Live – Dark 30

Kamuela Farms
Schirard Barn
Vero Beach

– Chef Billy Teal (eat @ 6pm)
[Elk, Hog, Quail, Deer, Ribs & Chicken]

Keg Beer Bonn Fire
Hay Rides Jeep Rides
Sack Races
Bring Your Folding Chair

I think I might be able to have some fun at this one... The 100 mile rule is in effect!!!

spare ribs, beef short ribs and pork shank on the BWS party, served with lobster tail and veggies.

Sunday, it's chicken on the WMS.

Not a thing... Going out with some friends tonight and tomorrow I am going down to Vero Beach for a party. One of my old college buddies is from an old time Florida money family. They own thousands of acres of grove land.

Here is part of the text from the invitation:

For over a century Florida Citrus Growers have looked to the full moon in February as a time of thanksgiving with the passing of the threat of wood killing cold weather. Come celebrate this and our many other blessings on:

Saturday February 23rd 3pm till 11pm

Wild Game Feast
The Dhali Lamas Blues Trio Live – Dark 30

Kamuela Farms
Schirard Barn
Vero Beach

– Chef Billy Teal (eat @ 6pm)
[Elk, Hog, Quail, Deer, Ribs & Chicken]

Keg Beer Bonn Fire
Hay Rides Jeep Rides
Sack Races
Bring Your Folding Chair

I think I might be able to have some fun at this one... The 100 mile rule is in effect!!!
Dang, sounds like fun. What's the 100 mile rule?

I want to get the WSM going tonight. I'm craving some brisket like a muther!!
I got some Hogwaller Rub and I'd like to try some apple chunks I got in the wood trade on a briskie. I also think there's a 12 pack at Wal-Mart on hold for me.

Nothing this weekend. Goin to the lake(Hartwell) tomorrow to watch the pros, got to attend a Masonic banquet tomorrow nite, and will be @ the bassmaster classic expo and weigh-in all day Sunday

Don't forget, meat = Satan today

Its cheese pizza english muffins for us!

Thanks for the reminder Bill! Being the fine Recovering Catholic that I am, Cedar Planked Alaskan Sockeye Salmon with Apple Garlic jelly glaze for Friday night! $2.99 lb I'm brining the rest for Little Chief Smoked Salmon.

100_2258.jpg

100_2257.jpg

Looks like good things under the smoke this weekend. I'm drummin' (2) molasses brined butts, (3) fatties and an andouille sausage stuffed pork loin roast on Saturday. Sunday is grilled pork chops and shrimp/andouille kabobs on the CG.

Gotta work..bummer! Doing chili Saturday with left over spare rib trimming, chucky, butt, and brisket meats. Hoping it will be goooooood!

Fired up the pit last night...have 8 briskets on for a benefit for my daughters church group...Im going to nuke them...all will be used for chopped beef sandwiches, and stuffed taters...
Weather looks good today, for a change..:-D

a big a$$ turkey from the freezer-20 pounder -the thanksgiving shopping freebee from spending a certain dollar amount at PriceChopper-I'll be sprouting wings by next weekend

My parents are here for the weekend so I may not cook outside at all. I cooked inside yesterday. I made Frugal Gourmet's Eggplant Meatballs (sorry, new pics). I know that right now some of you are saying "Eggplant... Yuck!), but you have to try these meatballs. They are great and the eggplant keeps them very moist.

Tonight we're going out to dinner tonight for my birthday (Yeah, it was three weeks ago, but better late than never!!). The temp is supposed to be near 40 tomorrow so I may have to cook something on the Egg. Maybe steaks.

Back