Hey Farkers!...It's Friday...What's Smokin' This Weekend?

Got some friends coming over tonight. Making a tri-tip, a whole chicken, and some burgers. First cook in a few weeks.:-D

a case of butts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaseonBWSCompetitor.jpg

Got a shoulder on. Wife is pissed I always smoke them for other people, and she never gets any. So I did one just for her and I. Plus I saw a recipe for smoked pork tacos on Cook the other day I want to try.

I got a 14.5# Choice Brisket ready to go on Sunday morning. It will be my first brisket. I still haven't decided if I'm going to go straight Salt & Pepper or Bovine Bold, or some mix.... Agony. Too much reading here.

Nearly freaked last Saturday evening when I discovered a case full of packers marked "PRIME" in great big letters at my local HEB. Sorta pricey, but I found one that had the perfect droop when I picked it up, so I threw it in the cart. I always heard that buying expensive grades of brisket was a waste, but I intend to fire up the offset and find out this weekend.

Flounder tonight, couple nice spares tomorrow and a couple whole yardbirds. Gotta try out my new Simply Marvelous rubs! Cherry and pecan on the ribs for sure.

3 racks of spares, 2 racks of loin back, 20 lbs chicken thighs, 15# and 10# CAB packers, 4 butts... it's practice time! now only if I can get motivated to start trimming everything up, I figure a few beers, maybe some red bull and vodka and I'll be going strong all night tonight

We have the BBQ Roadshow at the Butcher Shop Cafe on Saturday, Ty is dragging the Klose over and we'll be cooking some nice looking Choice Brisket flats. Probably some chicken thighs to practice with

I'm gonna hit that Brisket hard, make sure you cook enough!

Have a brand new BWS xParty and a Stoker.
I am going to be doing a butt ISS-stlye, and some chicken PBCL-style after cleaning and seasoning.

Back