Happy Friday Farkers...What's Cookin' This Superbowl Weekend?

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Friday Night Steaks tonight...Pulled Pork Sammies, Spares, and Plowboy's Jerk Wangs for Superbowl Sunday! :becky: Have a great weekend folks! :p

I'm cooking the items I had planned two weekends ago. But the 20 degree weather prevented me from cooking them. 8 racks of baby backs and 2 8lb boston butts. I might throw in some steaks if I get by the butcher's tonight.

Good aPhternoon McG.!
No Superbowl maddness over here!
Tonight ribeye (or rib roast) and coquilles at Padawan's place.

Have Phun y'all!:cool:

I'm doing some fatties for a friend's superbowl party.

Feeding fatties to non-BBQ people is really the best feeling in the world. No matter what anyone else brings to this party, the fatties are going to be the tastiest thing there. Since no one else at this party is into BBQ, they have no idea how simple fatties are. It's almost like cheating...in a super good way.

I'm cooking the items I had planned two weekends ago. But the 20 degree weather prevented me from cooking them. 8 racks of baby backs and 2 8lb boston butts. I might throw in some steaks if I get by the butcher's tonight.

I agree with Bill, 20 deg stops you???? I BBQ like the postman, niether rain, sleet, snow or hail will stop me from BBQ. Tornado? different story.

friday night steaks and shrimp, might do a rack of ribs, or spoonbill steaks tomorrow, I have 2 briskets, and 3 pork butts going on for the big game, plus a couple fatties, abt's and probly some MOINK balls

Supposed to be 24 tonite, so tomorrow when i'm doing a chuckie, it will have to be Crown instead of Bud light :heh:

Heading to a BBQ comp today in Winter Haven, coming home tomorrow night and then a 7lbs butt, 3 slabs of spares, some chicken, Kerris Baked Beans and some ABTs on Sunday.

friday night steaks and shrimp, might do a rack of ribs, or spoonbill steaks tomorrow, I have 2 briskets, and 3 pork butts going on for the big game, plus a couple fatties, abt's and probly some MOINK balls
If I leave now I could probably be there in time for dinner tonight and leave early Monday morning to get back to work. I might be a little late getting back to work but I'm sure they wouldn't mind since it's Super Bowl weekend. :crazy:

Spare ribs and MOINK balls on the UDS. Guacamole, salsa, and chips. Redskin potato salad and coleslaw. Lots of beer :becky:

Doing up a brisket, chili, fatty's, ABT's, MOINK balls(hope to become certified on this round), and last but not least some LSD's! :p

I'm buried in snow and ice, today. But, it's supposed to warm up in time for me to smoke or grill something on Sunday. I'm leaning towards wings. Finger food, for sure.

CD

For Sunday, Buffalo CLoink Balls (inspired by Moink Balls and just submitted to Brethren recipe site)

Buffalo CLoink Balls

1 lb. ground chicken
12 strips bacon, cut in to thirds
1 egg
¼ c. panko bread crumbs
1 t. kosher salt
1 t. lemon pepper
½ c. crumbled blue cheese
½ c. buffalo-style wing sauce

Toothpicks

[FONT=&quot]Preheat oven to 450[/FONT][FONT=&quot]°F. Coat inside of 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray. Combine chicken, egg, bread crumbs, salt and lemon pepper in a large bowl. Form meat mixture in to 1” balls. Using your index finger, poke a divot about halfway in to each ball and fill with blue cheese then pinch the divot to seal it over. Cover seal with bacon, wrap it around meatball and secure with a toothpick. Arrange evenly in dish and bake for 35 minutes or until bacon is crispy. Baste with buffalo-style wing sauce and bake for another 5 mintues. Serve with lots of beer.[/FONT]

Alternate (preferred actually) method would be to prepare balls as instructed and place directly on the grill of a smoker. Cook @ 250°F for 2.5-3 hours, baste with wing sauce, and cook for another 10 minutes or so to set the glaze.

Back