Happy Friday Farkers...What's Cookin' This Superbowl Weekend?

I'm cooking the items I had planned two weekends ago. But the 20 degree weather prevented me from cooking them. 8 racks of baby backs and 2 8lb boston butts. I might throw in some steaks if I get by the butcher's tonight.

Oh geez, I've done 3 cooks in this miserable weather. C'Mon!

Second time ever using the smoker this weekend. Turkey breast and a fattie for the family.

I'm buried in snow and ice, today. But, it's supposed to warm up in time for me to smoke or grill something on Sunday. I'm leaning towards wings. Finger food, for sure.

CD

Dude,

I'm gonna break out a rolled up newspaper in a minute: Bad Casey...bad!

You're in the middle of Texas, maybe having to put up with a small bit of temporary snow and ice, and you can't cook because of it????

Sorry... but my lame meter was just pegged.

I severely injured my back, so badly that they actually prescribed Oxycodone, yet I sit on my butt in the freezing cold and clean my smoker.

C'Mon!

Spares were on sale at a local super, so I'm doing spares and ABT's. Also, gonna take a couple of butts out of the freezer and make carnitas and homemade refried beans for Sunday.

I am gonna do some ABT's and a pork butt (not one of those horrible pork collars though) to make a riff on Red Cooked Pork.

I'm gonna do finger food Sunday- wings, ABT's, MOINK's, and some experimental stuff. I like to try new stuff on Superbowl Sunday.

Dude,

I'm gonna break out a rolled up newspaper in a minute: Bad Casey...bad!

You're in the middle of Texas, maybe having to put up with a small bit of temporary snow and ice, and you can't cook because of it????

Sorry... but my lame meter was just pegged.

I severely injured my back, so badly that they actually prescribed Oxycodone, yet I sit on my butt in the freezing cold and clean my smoker.

C'Mon!

You might need some other meds in addition to that Oxycodone. :crazy:

CD :laugh:

If I leave now I could probably be there in time for dinner tonight and leave early Monday morning to get back to work. I might be a little late getting back to work but I'm sure they wouldn't mind since it's Super Bowl weekend. :crazy:
Don't think for a second that your the only one who checked out where he's from.:-?

1st Fatty thanks to this site and I have 5# of extra jumbo shrimp that are volunteering to run sizzle plays on the gasser. Venison chili cheese dip and various other concoctions. Many many frosty Miller Lites

167894_576650352924_201303364_33212824_1646356_n.jpg

I am making pulled pork burritos from the pork butt I smoked last Monday.
When you only have 2 folks eating it I figure we are good for one more day of leftovers.

Am thinking of trying my first Packer brisket in honor of the Packers kicking the stuffing out of the Stillers. :D

Oh, and some MOINKs and ABTs for the game.

Bruce

Back