Hey Farkers!...It's Friday...What's Smokin' This Weekend?

Friday is usually Pizza night but I have no dough so I had to go with steaks... oh bummer...
3-11-11steak1.jpg

Well, we are not under a burn ban, but we are under a NWS fire warning. There's a big wildfire near Fort Worth, and it is warm, dry and windy here.

So, I may not be cooking outdoors this weekend.

I'd like to have some friends over for finger foods. I have some wings, I have the components for MOINKS, and I'd like to grill some veggie skewers.

But, I don't want to set fire to the neighborhood.

I may just have to cook in the kitchen. GASP! :laugh:

CD

Still Doing Test Smokes

I still need to do more test smokes on my Meadow Creek.

Did babybacks already (good but not my best) & a beef flat (wonderful flavor but a bit dry).

I've got a pig shoulder all rubbed and waiting in the fridge to be my test for Saturday. I'm going to use some Black Cherry Wood on her and see how she turns out.

Beef Ribs, reverse spatchcocked chicken and a pork but on Sunday.

Salt only and all smoked with the sacred oak.

We're smoking these...

Pigs%20Feet.jpg

Plus about 700 lbs of other pig parts :-D

Saturday will be the 1st cook on the newly built UDS. Planning on brisket, boston butt, ribs & on the bbq grill will be the chicken. Last but not least, will throw some garlic Texas Toast on the grill at the very end. YUMMY!

@Trucky1008 - That chicken looks amazing!! Would love to have your recipe, if you are willing to share.

Got a wedding today! Big Mista is coming to help with this one. We are cooking: BBs, tri-tip, boneless chix breast and thighs, garlic mashed potatoes, veggies with oyster sauce and jasmine rice. Going to be a long but Simply Marvelous Day!

change of plans. not paying 2.59/lb for boston butt.....

doing my very first spare ribs instead. tomorrow....

today it's lasagne from scratch.

Back