THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You had me at Catfish.

Thanks Frank! I'm a true catfish fan too. :grin:

Dang it Jeanie...If only I'd a known I coulda come and we woulda had twice as many catfish in yer basket...Oh well...I know it was good eating...

When it comes to okra I like to pick em small...No more than 3 inches...Maybe 4...That way the seeds are still small and tender...But you know that...

The green velvet seeds shouldn't be hard to find...I think they had em at Walmart this spring...When I grew em they were 13 feet tall...Tough pickin the end of the season...I stick with the Clemson now and still cant reach the tops on some of em...

Good to see ya again girl...

Good to see ya Craig! It's been awhile. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. :grin: I'm sure you could have brought in a ton more catfish than I did. I didn't always have bait on my hook. lol I was relaxing. :laugh:
Thanks for the info on the velvet okra seeds! Sounds like they get pretty tall.
Maybe I'd need to plant them beside a porch or deck so I could reach the pods. lol I'm 5'6" but doubt I could reach high enough to harvest them with out standing on something. I do like the idea that they stay tender, longer. I get behind in picking sometimes.
Hope you're doing well. Good to see ya! :grin:

Our daughter was out of town this past weekend, so the wife and I tried out a local "home-cooking" buffet restaurant. They had catfish on the bar, and pretty darned tasty, too. If I hadn't gotten my fix then, I would be climbing the walls right now after seeing your cook. Outstanding!!

Our daughter was out of town this past weekend, so the wife and I tried out a local "home-cooking" buffet restaurant. They had catfish on the bar, and pretty darned tasty, too. If I hadn't gotten my fix then, I would be climbing the walls right now after seeing your cook. Outstanding!!

Ron, that sounds excellent! I'd hit a buffet too if it had catfish on the menu. Thanks! :grin:

A friend of mine planted the Louisianna variety this year.His plants grew over 14 ft tall.It is some fine okra.Skinnier than the other pods.I like to pick em at no more than 3 inches long,2 is better and fry them whole.

A friend of mine planted the Louisianna variety this year.His plants grew over 14 ft tall.It is some fine okra.Skinnier than the other pods.I like to pick em at no more than 3 inches long,2 is better and fry them whole.

Wow... That's pretty tall! I like your idea of frying them whole too. Thanks Hoss!

Looks fantastic Jeanie, I'm sure it tasted even better than it looks, as they say in England - "Master Class", thank you for posting your cook.

Catfish and Okra. Can't beat that.

Thanks Randy! :grin:

Some folks fry them whole, but smash them first. I haven't tried either methods yet, but think it would be fine.

Robert

I'll give smashed a try too, sounds interesting! Thanks!

Mine, Catfish and okra 24/7/365

Amen
Thanks Adams! Hope the rain hasn't washed your cookers away. :grin:

Out of words honestly Neighbor. :clap2:

Thanks Neighbor!

That sneak fit for a king!!!!! And obviously a Queen too..... looks killer Jen..... just hard to beat that meal

Very kind of you Paul! Sending (((HUGS))) from Oklahoma..

Looks fantastic Jeanie, I'm sure it tasted even better than it looks, as they say in England - "Master Class", thank you for posting your cook.

Thanks Kevin! Hope you and family are keeping safe from the storm..

That's how you do it right there, undoubtedly delicious. Thanks you for allowing us enjoy your evening.

Thanks so much Robert! :grin:

Back