Father's Day Fish

Holy crap! But I shouldn't be surprised! I wish I could have some of that. A great tribute to your folks Jeanie. Buy even more it shows the kind of job they did raising a human being that can take care of themselves. All your posts show that.

Oh, and them are some happy looking birds!

That is an absolutely perfect way to remember them both, by including a little bit of each of them in something that you do. You did a fantastic job on that cook and I can't think of a better way to pay tribute than by practicing the lessons they taught you.

Holy crap! But I shouldn't be surprised! I wish I could have some of that. A great tribute to your folks Jeanie. Buy even more it shows the kind of job they did raising a human being that can take care of themselves. All your posts show that.

Oh, and them are some happy looking birds!

Very kind of you George! Thank you!! :-D

That is an absolutely perfect way to remember them both, by including a little bit of each of them in something that you do. You did a fantastic job on that cook and I can't think of a better way to pay tribute than by practicing the lessons they taught you.

Thank you Ron! When I cook Mom's recipes, it brings back such good memories.
I was my dad's shadow. lol Learned a lot from him!:-D

Sometimes I choose not to speak.
Sometimes I'm just speechless.

This thread speaks for itself.

Thanks Craig! You're a kind friend... :cool::-D

You've done your parents and the entire culinary community proud, Jeanie. Of that I am certain. Simply superb.

Thanks so much Dom! I enjoyed cooking the meal as much as I enjoyed catching the fish. :-D

Jeanie, neither of my Parents saw 60 years but my Dad tought me to grill with gasoline on the coals, if you dropped a burger in the dirt wipe it off on your jeans and make sure I got the one dropped. Two lil Sisters and Mom got the good ones. Yes. I learned alot from them and I too still miss them.

Your cook is over the top!

Jeanie, I believe you make them proud daily. As far as that catfish and etoufee, it’s an incredible thing of beauty!

WOW,,,,,,
You certainly are a testament to the love and guidance your Mom and Dad gave you growing up !
This is an outstanding tribute to the ones who brought you into this world.
You certainly appreciate the really important things in life.
You make us all proud !

Jeanie, neither of my Parents saw 60 years but my Dad tought me to grill with gasoline on the coals, if you dropped a burger in the dirt wipe it off on your jeans and make sure I got the one dropped. Two lil Sisters and Mom got the good ones. Yes. I learned alot from them and I too still miss them.

Your cook is over the top!

lol I bet those dropped burgers were tasty anyway! Thanks for the story and the kind comment Mike! Hope you're having a great weekend!:-D

Absolutely amazing as always Jeanie!

Good to see ya Neil! Thank! :-D

Jeanie, I believe you make them proud daily. As far as that catfish and etoufee, it’s an incredible thing of beauty!

Thanks so much Mike!! Very kind of you! :-D

Looks fantastic. Reminds me of Catfish Tchoupitoulas. I love the chickens helping you cook.

Thanks,

Robert

I would love to have some tchoupitoulas about now. lol You've made me hungry. Thanks!! :-D

Real Good!
Ed

Thanks Ed! :-D

WOW,,,,,,
You certainly are a testament to the love and guidance your Mom and Dad gave you growing up !
This is an outstanding tribute to the ones who brought you into this world.
You certainly appreciate the really important things in life.
You make us all proud !
Thank you Don! I appreciate your kind comment. I've been thinking a lot about my parents lately. I was a lucky little girl to have had them in my life. :-D

You got “skills”. 🎣😁

Thanks so much! :-D

You made your parents proud That is one fine meal I would be all over it Are those your own farm raised crawfish

I only raise shrimp....and beef..and pigs... and poultry.. lol
I did stop by three of my favorite crawdad holes while going to town the other day. One was low and the other two were dry!!

Thanks George! :-D

Thanks for sharing the lovely tribute, and fantastic food, LadyJ! I hope you're doing well, and staying out of trouble!

Thank you Chris, it's nice to see you! Hope all is well on your end of the world too! :-D

Back