A Few Catfish...

Magical experience and great food. I got hooked on Okeechobee sharpies (juvenile catfish) Skinned, gutted and headed; battered and deep fried, eaten off the bone with some tartar sauce and hush puppies dipped in honey. Catfish is great.

Nicely done I am not big on fried fish but I do really like Fried Catfish My mother had a place near where she live in FL that had the best Fried Catfish Really liked going there with her

Looks great, love to eat some freshly caught fried catfish :thumb: I didn’t even realize there was supposed to be an eclipse that night, until I saw it happening. Was a nice surprise!

Fantastic looking cook cowgirl, even more fantasticer night shots. We’re camping Black Mesa this fall for some dark sky gazing.

Looks fantastic. Still think you should have your own show. Ree Drummond's got nothing on you.

Life is good! Looks as though you did it.
Thanks! It was a nice week! :-D

GOT to ask what coating did you fry those cats in? :clap: Home made?

Sure Mike! I mix up about 2 cups of cornmeal. add maybe one half a cup of flour, cayenne, onion and garlic powders, salt and lemon pepper to taste.
I like to dip the okra in an egg milk bath and use the same coating.
Sorry.. I don't measure. lol

All around looks like a fantastic time! Thank you for sharing. Been longing to get back out in the woods but until my legs hopefully get better, I use these to posts to keep my morale up. These kinds of posts help me get through the bad days; Fwiw. Thank you.

So sorry you are having leg problems! I hope you are back up and able to get out in the woods soon! Thank you for the kind post.

Another peaceful and relaxing camping trip, enhanced by another outstanding meal to enjoy it all with! To quote Snoop Dogg, "Living the fine life!"

lol Thanks Ron!! :-D

I bet you had some nice dark sky for viewing.
Catfish looks great, and I want some!

Happy Birthday Mike!! I'll raise my glass in your direction! :-D

Glad you’re livin the good life. Good ole okra just can’t be beat.

We saw the eclipse but struck out on the meteor shower.

Blessings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks Kevin!!
Wasn't the eclipse amazing! I missed the meteor shower too. lol
Hope all is well on your end of the state! :-D

Very tasty looking catfish, Jeanie! I always enjoy how your cook threads unfold, especially when there's nature in the background. Hope the burn ban gets lifted soon!
Thanks Richard! I missed having a fire. lol Hopefully I'll be back out there to give it another go soon. :-D

Fine looking meal! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Tony!! :-D

You wouldn't have enough catfish if I was around Jeanie. Glad you got some time to relax and do what you enjoy.

lol I woulda shared with ya Marty! I brought quite a few home. Thanks! :-D

Looks amazing!

Good to see you Guido!! Thanks! :-D

Magical experience and great food. I got hooked on Okeechobee sharpies (juvenile catfish) Skinned, gutted and headed; battered and deep fried, eaten off the bone with some tartar sauce and hush puppies dipped in honey. Catfish is great.
George, that sounds delicious!! Bet I'd love both the sharpies and the honey dipped puppies. Thanks for the kind comment and the great idea! :-D

Nicely done I am not big on fried fish but I do really like Fried Catfish My mother had a place near where she live in FL that had the best Fried Catfish Really liked going there with her

Bet that catfish was amazing, George!! Sounds like you had good company too! Thanks! :-D

Looks great, love to eat some freshly caught fried catfish :thumb: I didn’t even realize there was supposed to be an eclipse that night, until I saw it happening. Was a nice surprise!

lol Same here!! I had no idea the eclipse was going to be that night. Glad you were able to see it too. What a show!! Thanks Suds! :-D

Now that is my kind of meal! Nicely done as always Jeannie.

Thanks so much! I'm getting the freezers stocked up with fish for winter. :laugh:

And she's back doing what she does so well!!
Ed

Good to see ya Ed! :-D Thanks!

Doesn't get much better than that!

Thanks PaPaQ! Simple meal but I liked it. lol :-D

Fantastic looking cook cowgirl, even more fantasticer night shots. We’re camping Black Mesa this fall for some dark sky gazing.
Thanks Jeremy! The night sky watching at Black Mesa is great! I hope you enjoy it! Watch for rattlesnakes. :laugh:

Looks fantastic. Still think you should have your own show. Ree Drummond's got nothing on you.

Thanks Erik! I think Ree is a city cook. I'm a country cook. :laugh:

Looks like a perfect lakeside meal,,,,
Awesome pics ,,,,looks like a fun and interesting weekend,,

Thank you Don! I love the little lake but I see more people there in one weekend than I do for a month at home. :-D

Always love your lake posts. Takes me back to my time living in Oklahoma.

I didn't know you lived here. That's great!!
Thank you for the kind comment. Hope you're having a nice weekend!:-D

We have not had catfish in a while at our house, yours look great, and so does the okra. HEB in San Antonio offered catfish in a variety of seasonings when we were there.

And, FWIW, your 12/21/2010 blog post convinces me you are not a fat hairy bald guy in New Mexico :-D

We have not had catfish in a while at our house, yours look great, and so does the okra. HEB in San Antonio offered catfish in a variety of seasonings when we were there.

And, FWIW, your 12/21/2010 blog post convinces me you are not a fat hairy bald guy in New Mexico :-D

lol Hopefully you're not in the "women must be barefoot, pregnant, and kept in the kitchen" group!! Women DO cook outside.
I'm WAY past caring about the sensitivities of the guys on the forum. Real men can handle a woman cook. :cool: :laugh:
There are a lot of good folk here. Stick around and you'll meet em!

Welcome to the forum BTW. :-D

lol Hopefully you're not in the "women must be barefoot, pregnant, and kept in the kitchen" group!! Women DO cook outside.
I'm WAY past caring about the sensitivities of the guys on the forum. Real men can handle a woman cook. :cool: :laugh:
There are a lot of good folk here. Stick around and you'll meet em!

Welcome to the forum BTW. :-D
LOL, I don't mind barefoot.:laugh:

I am glad you got some time to relax but...

YOU'VE GOT TO NOTIFY US IN ADVANCE OR 1 OR 2 OF US "MIGHT" OVERREACT TO YOUR ABSENCE... you know... just a little. :heh: [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Back