Question for Shirley Owners

Those rigs in your avatar is just for family / friends? You must haul those around to gatherings?

Few charity cooks for the church, firefighters gathering, and family functions. Only use the capacity maybe 5 times a year but it is available when needed.

The kids enjoy it also.

20150507_154704_zpslqlrsbmw.jpg

Being active duty I cook a lot for junior Sailors and service members. Most of what I'll use mine for will be personal use and command functions. The portability will be awesome for command picnics, retirements, fund raisers, and other Chiefs Mess functions.

Don't forget you can cook in just the warmer also. I haven't fired my beloved UDS since picking my Shirley up.

I will do mostly small cooks for my family. The warmer is great for that. The insulated firebox is nice. It took several months but I finally talked myself out of it. I only wanted it because I wanted it.:oops: A couple of guys on here have the 1/4" firebox up north with no issues. The offset I just sold had a 1/4" firebox and it was built in the 80's. I never really took care of it other than a cover but it left my possession with lots of years left in it. If anyone is worried about wasting fuel get a shorter main chamber with the cabinet doors and add a 3rd rack. I have already started selling off my other cookers. Just don't see the need for them anymore. I may keep 2-3 but I surely don't need double digits.:shock:

Just ballpark- what's the price range of these deals on a trailer? Ballpark, I don't wanna break any forum rules.

I went to their site (what a great idea...) and see they're $3500-$5000. Ballpark depending on options.

Mighty sweet rigs

You all have me interested in a Shiley now, wasn't sure at first on the look of the cabinet doors but I am coming around :). Is there a pricesheet with the options? Not much on the website with pricing other than base models.

Best thing to do is contact Paul. He'll gladly give ya a quote. I must have gotten 8-9 quotes from him over the course of a year before I pulled the trigger. He has the patience of a saint

I went to their site (what a great idea...) and see they're $3500-$5000. Ballpark depending on options.

Mighty sweet rigs

Also their website hasn't been updated in quite a bit. As others have said better to contact Paul.

The cabinet doors are fantastic looking. Very functional. Overall design is balanced nicely. Really a well done system they have there, IMHO

I am the guy who says dont get the insulated firebox and spend the money elsewhere

I live in Michigan and dont miss it. Paul generously donated my smoker for our charity BBQ efforts and it does not have it, but knowing what I do now after using it all winter I would not get one if I was to do it all again. He made the pit to my specs, whatever I wanted he did. I was very hesitant about the whole thing but man, what a great guy and so generous!!! I was content with a stripped down simple as possible patio model but he would have none of that!!

It works just fine all seasons just the way it is. Sure it takes a little more wood to get it to temp in below freezing weather but I think it would anyway insulated fire box or not

After its warmed up it takes about the same amount of wood per cook as it does in the warm weather

here it is, in the one pic I am meeting his lovely wife Sharon, she met me 1/2 way with it

Attachments

• IMG_2354_zps323ba7a6.jpg
    IMG_2354_zps323ba7a6.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Back