Questions for Shirley owners that have downsized

I personally would never be without a truck and have owned various trucks since 1993. There have been too many times where I have needed a truck at the last minute and trying to find someplace to rent one or even borrow one is not convenient.

I also always have extra vehicles because I got tired of the days when one would break down or have to have something done and I had to get it fixed now so I could go to work or had to go through the hassle of renting one.

I understand that is not an option for everyone because of room or finances.

If your personal situation allows it, why not? However, for many people, the extra expense and hassles (tags, inspections, smog checks, etc.) do not offset the convenience of rare 'no notice' 'last minute' needs.

I loved my pickups but, after too many idiots on the road I could not avoid and outright car insurance scams, I needed the air ride suspension and 5,000 pounds of my Grand Marquis a lot more than the ability to haul a friend's furniture or firewood for a fireplace I could NOT use (thanks eco-nazi's, what about those cars belching a smoke screen that would make a tank commander proud on the battlefield?) to heat my house.

I also use my trucks to haul trailers so I use them quite a bit. Where I live tags and inspections are cheap and we don't have smog checks so it's a bit easier to have multiple vehicles around here. Plus I live on a farm and having a truck is almost a requirement.

I have more vehicles than I need but I've always been a car person so I like them a lot.

Back