My Shirley Fab - First Impressions

Just awesome. I've heard of nightmare stories with movers that didn't turn out so well. Even though you had to wait 18 months - looks like the wait was definitely worth it!

Congratulations on the new cooker and thanks for sharing your story.

David brought me some cool stuff.... a jacket.... sauce he makes that is Killer....some of his homemade sausage... and some of the best boudan i have had that he made.... i love boudan and have had it from all over his is top tier

the jacket

Wg6gy9Kh.jpg

sauce is killer

2ULd0v5h.jpg

boudan and sausage i cooked some today

jkMcq3Zh.jpg

FxxCCUmh.jpg

David is a stand up guy for sure!!!!!!!

If I were you I would have probably insisted on double the purchase price or I call an attorney. I really wouldn't go through with getting an attorney but I'd sure make them sweat for a few days. The fact that they were trying to screw you (and certainly would have if not for the fine print) would have made it a tough lesson for them.

Last edited:
So what happened to the bent up Klose? You get to keep it too? Bet Paul can fix it. They’d look sweet next to each other!

They sent a crew to pick up the Klose and hand-deliver the check. I told them that I was fine having the Klose repaired, as long as it was repaired by Klose. I wanted new tables, wheels, etc and I wanted the welds inspected. My biggest fear was that they'd fix it and the firebox welds would crack the first time I used it.

On a side note: Dealing with Paul is amazing. He provided solid advice and really helped guide me to the right decisions for my budget. No flashly salesmanship, just a guy who takes pride in making a solid product.

Thats a good looking pit and congrats. I dont see how yall burn such large splits. If I put a seasoned split that large in my Lang 48 she will bellow white smoke BAD!!! I would love to be able to use larger splits as I feed her every 20 minutes as it is. Maybe in about 13 months when I get my Shirley I can. Cant wait.

Long-term follow-up report. This weekend makes 4 years since I picked up my custom Shirley (08/01/2018). I am cooking a brisket and turkey today and thinking that it *really* is the perfect smoker. I wouldn't change a single thing about it. It is fuel efficient, it holds temps, and the temps are even across the grates.

If I have any regrets at all, it would be not spending the extra on the baffle block, but that was an add-on.

Paul and Tyler really make a quality product.

Long-term follow-up report. This weekend makes 4 years since I picked up my custom Shirley (08/01/2018). I am cooking a brisket and turkey today and thinking that it *really* is the perfect smoker. I wouldn't change a single thing about it. It is fuel efficient, it holds temps, and the temps are even across the grates.

If I have any regrets at all, it would be not spending the extra on the baffle block, but that was an add-on.

Paul and Tyler really make a quality product.

Agreed!
Best smoker I’ve ever owned

Back