Contest Announcment Greenport Brewery - 6/27 - LI, NY

Hey Brian,

So... For those of us who have already sent in our completed team applications and checks, are you saying we now need to re-submit a new application and new check to the updated address? And if this is NOT the case, when can we expect registration confirmation?

Another try at uploading revised forms. From home works, from work doesn't.

The brewery tells me that they have not received any mailed applications. One application was returned to sender. I will be calling the brewery tomorrow to find out what the story is. The packet was reviewed a dozen times before it was posted, I don't know how it was that no one noticed that I had the wrong address. I apologize for any inconvenience; we will get it straightened out. I would suggest sitting tight for the moment.

Attachments

• WELCOME_LTR_2015.doc
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
  • VENDING_PERMIT.doc
    24 KB · Views: 31
  • permission.doc
    411 KB · Views: 15
  • kcbs2015_rules.pdf
    229 KB · Views: 5
  • ENTRY_FORM.doc
    420 KB · Views: 49
I am trying to reach Rich at the brewery to find out what the story is. So far, one person has gotten their app back in return mail. If you get yours back, just drop the whole thing, old envelope and all, in the mail to the new address. If we run out of space, any question of priority will be decided on the basis of the date on the original envelope. I don't see lack of space as a problem at this time.

Again, my apologies for the confusion.

Brian -- In our case, we haven't received the application back in the mail, but that doesn't exactly assure me it was received. Will you be emailing out confirmations, and if so, when?

As an example, we sent our team application to the Falls Township 2015 Que For The Troops event the same day we mailed our app for the Greenport event (March 10). A few days later, I had an email from them confirming that the app was received and processed.

I also have not received my app and check back as "undeliverable" can someone check to see if it was received?

Just got off the phone with Rich at the Brewery. He has apps and checks in hand from Phil Rizzardi, Rolling Grill and Morning Wood. He has spoken with the Post Office and they say that it may take them as long as 18 to 21 days to get the returned mail back to the sender. (We apparently do not use the words "Greenport Post Office" and "dynamic" in the same sentence.) Rich asks that anyone who has sent an application call him on his cell phone: 631-513-9019. He will work something out with you to make sure you are covered until your application arrives. We will continue to use the envelope that will eventually be returned to you as proof that you applied early in case we run out of spots. We are roughly half full at the moment. Rich suggests calling with a credit card number to guarantee the space, emailing a new app, then he'll wait until mid-April for your check to wend it's way back to him. If that doesn't work for you, call him anyway and work something else out. We want to put this straight.

Any change in availability of larger spots? If available I am definitely in on doing the comp and can give a credit card to lock in.

Any change in availability of larger spots? If available I am definitely in on doing the comp and can give a credit card to lock in.

At the moment, all the oversize spots are taken, but Rich is attempting to redraw the layout as there has been more requests for oversize spots than he or we anticipated. If anything changes, I'll post it here.

Brian.. can you clarify this please; I just re-read the welocme packet.

[FONT=&quot]We are planning on 4 members for non-vending teams and 6 members for vending teams (we allow for extra staffing for vending). Each team will be issued wristbands that identify them as team members for those 21 years or older ONLY. Those under 21 will not need a wrist band. Additional team members may be registered for an additional fee of $25 per person. This fee covers the cost of the additional welcome packet. Anyone 21 years or older without a team wristband must leave the Festival space during non-Festival hours. Non team members over 21 CANNOT camp overnight[/FONT]
I'm not vending, but I have 6 members on my team this year as we will be mentoring 2 people and also having a judge shadow us for his master judge certification.

Does this mean we have to pay $25 additional per teammate over 4? For what? Is the wristband and fee just for beer drinkers ???....because none of us drink.

Last edited:
Brian.. can you clarify this please; I just re-read the welocme packet.

I'm not vending, but I have 6 members on my team this year as we will be mentoring 2 people and also having a judge shadow us for his master judge certification.

Does this mean we have to pay $25 additional per teammate over 4? For what? Is the wristband and fee just for beer drinkers ???....because none of us drink.

The additional $25 is to discourage someone from showing up with a "team" of 15 people and expecting beer and beer tickets for all of them. The wristband is to get you in and out of the venue as the Brewery is charging a cover charge to the general public. Let me speak to Eric and Rich about forgoing the $25 if the team member is willing to forgo the beer. I'll get back to you.

Negotiations have finally concluded with the charity we have been working toward working with. We can now reveal that the charity is the Wounded Warriors Project. The WWP was leery of being associated with an organization that promotes alcohol in any way, so we will henceforth be calling the event "THE GREENPORT HARBOR BBQ & BLUES FESTIVAL". Please put all thoughts of beer out of your minds. Thanks.

(You will still be getting some foamy, amber beverage. Just don't call it beer.)

Last edited:
Smokin` Irish

Application has been returned . I`m on my way to the post office to try again. Hope it gets there. We are looking forward to this event

The additional $25 is to discourage someone from showing up with a "team" of 15 people and expecting beer and beer tickets for all of them. The wristband is to get you in and out of the venue as the Brewery is charging a cover charge to the general public. Let me speak to Eric and Rich about forgoing the $25 if the team member is willing to forgo the beer. I'll get back to you.

Phil,

Rich is willing to waive the additional fee in your case. He reserves the right to decide appeals of the rule on a case by case basis.

Brian

It sounds like this is shaping up to be one amazing event!! I can't wait.

What other events are happening that weekend at the event? ie. car show, music....

Also if there is a car show I am part of a car club and could help get some people out, and there is another charity called wounded wheels, they build muscle cars for wounded vets, its pretty amazing seeing a muscle car made for someone in a wheelchair!! here is their site if you want to check them out. http://www.woundedwheels.org/ They are in VA, maybe they would come out, these 2 charities basically go hand in hand.

Back