Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Green Mountain BBQ Championship, Waterbury VT – June 27-28, 2015

JeremyGarrett

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
The inaugural Green Mountain BBQ Championship takes place June 27-28 in Waterbury, Vermont. We've got applications in from 25 teams, including THREE World Champions, as well as some brand new teams who have never competed. The contest is sanctioned as a Vermont state BBQ championship by the Kansas City Barbecue Society and New England Barbecue Society.

It will be a great weekend, kicked off by an annual Saturday morning parade, lots of authentic barbecue, craft brews and hard ciders, and live music, as well as Saturday evening's fireworks extravaganza. We've already pre-sold more than 750 tickets, so we're expecting more than 3,000 BBQ enthusiasts to attend. This event supports Rotary Club of Waterbury, a local nonprofit association.

Waterbury is centrally located between Montpelier and Burlington on Interstate 89, and is the home to Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, and the award-winning Alchemist Brewery. It has become a mecca for craft brew aficionados and localvores, and now it will showcase some world-class barbecue!

The contest has a guaranteed $4,000 purse. It also will be considered a 50/50 draw for the Jack Daniels competition. Vending opportunities are available, but not required.

Saturday NEBS Categories: Appetizer, Chicken, Burgers, Vegetarian and alternate category “The Mystery Box”
Sunday KCBS Categories: Beef Brisket, Pork Ribs, Chicken, Pork and alternate category Chef's Choice

For more info, visit www.GreenMountainBBQ.com or contact Jeremy Garrett, 802/244-8994, jeremy@J2Levents.com. Also, go Like us on Facebook at GreenMtnBBQ.

Just over 2 weeks remain until the inaugural Green Mountain BBQ Championship on June 27 & 28 in Waterbury, Vermont. If you know you will or will NOT be participating, but haven’t sent in your paid application yet, please shoot me a quick note and I’ll update my lists.

Thanks for your consideration and I hope to see you in Waterbury this June!

Back