Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Greenport Harbor Blues & BBQ 6/27-28

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Greenport Harbor Blues and BBQ

Organizer
: Rich Vandenburgh
Location: Greenport Harbor Brewery -42155 Rt 25, Peconic, NY 11958
Event Reps: Don and Nancy Muller​
June 27: People's Choice Rib Contest benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project.
June 28: Full KCBS event w/ additional Iron Chef category (cook what you like, but you must include one of the breweries beers).
To date: 100% trained judges, numerous Master Judges, numerous trained Table Captains.
Event website: www.libbqevents.com
Area amenities: The venue itself is a spacious brewery with a tasting room. Local to the venue are numerous wineries producing highly acclaimed LI wines. Farmers markets are abundant this time of year, as the area is rural and amidst many farms.

Important Notes:

1) This event is a fundraiser for the Wounded Warrior Project. The proceeds from the People's Choice and the raffles will be donated to the WWP. We encourage you to look on your time spent cooking the ribs on Saturday as much as giving back to veterans via the WWP as a contest.

2) We will be cooking a dinner for veterans and guests on Saturday night. Roughly 40 people in total. If you'd be interested in contributing a dish, please let us know.

3) Please don't bring outside beer to the event. You will be taken care of.

I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Looking forward to this event, hoping to win one of those trophies. We will be making something for Saturday night just haven't decided what yet.

Trophies

The fundraising for the Wounded Warrior Project taking place at the Greenport Harbor Blues and BBQ has an overall motto of 'A Home Run For Heroes' and a baseball motif.

Beaver Bats, a baseball bat company utilized by professionals, has kindly donated custom bats for the top three in the People's Choice Rib Cook-Off.

These are unique and beautiful trophies that anyone would be proud to display.

BatTrophy_zpsmadg4haf.jpg

battrophy2_zpsvk6skqo3.jpg

Dale Wilson and Pirate 50 Custom Artwork and Trophies have graciously donated the amazing trophies for the KCBS portion of the event. We cannot recommend Pirate 50's work highly enough. These aren't just trophies, they are portable works of art.

Trophy_zpsk9gjscia.jpg

RGC_zpscn7lhbov.jpg

Trophies_zpsygkcsihg.jpg

Raffles

We'd like to thank the following companies for generously donating items for the Wounded Warrior Project raffles. Please support the companies that support the hobby.

Green Mountain Grills are donating two Davey Crocket grills. These are absolutely perfect for tailgating or taking on the road. Portable, manageable size and performs like a trooper.

DavyCrockett_zps5k4dztwe.jpg

MKS Knives is donating a gift certificate for a custom knife. Visit their site, they make knives that are both beautiful and functional. Their knives often cost over $500.00.

Pattay Knives has donated a custom fileting knife with the event date and 'A Home Run For Heroes' engraved on the side.

RappayKnife_zps2kcjuemn.jpg

Brooklyn Butcher Blocks is donating a beautiful checkerboard pattern cutting board.

CuttingBoards_zpsnt7uv5qg.jpg

SaltWorks is donating 2 salt blocks for cooking on and an array of high end seasoning salts.

Salt_zpsfcmqwzrz.jpg

Salt2_zpsgbjloyqx.jpg

John Boos company is donating two high end cutting boards.

Deluxe%20BBQ%20BD%20RA02-GRV_zpsxemgnqzy.jpg

The Old Field Vineyards, Mattabella Vineyards and Raphael Wine are all donating two bottles of their wine.

Are you making anything to share at the event?

I think that I'm going to make a few Swineapples as well as a kajillion abt's.

Look me up if you're hungry!

Eric

If someone can find me turkeys for around a dollar a pound, I would be more than happy to cook some (and Eric would be even happier :grin:). I have used up my after Thanksgiving sale supply :cry:.

Does anybody know the amount of ribs we are cooking for people's choice? Is everybody cooking the equal amount?

Does anybody know the amount of ribs we are cooking for people's choice? Is everybody cooking the equal amount?

Everyone will be receiving the same amount of ribs to cook and I will have a rough idea of how many ribs that will be for everyone Friday morning.

Eric

Any one hear anything from the BOH yet faxed them paper work for sat rib event over a month ago still have heard nothing from them.

Mr. Neck,

Each team will receive roughly 10 racks of ribs. The final number is still being decided upon, but that is a reasonable estimate. Whatever the final amount is, every team will receive the same number of ribs.

Mr. Bone,

Brian Collins is the goto guy for the BoH. I'll ask him to look into it.

Eric

Any one hear anything from the BOH yet faxed them paper work for sat rib event over a month ago still have heard nothing from them.
This, alas, is not uncommon. I often get permits in the last week before an event. I will call my contact at BoH today and find out what is going on.

Showers on site

Hello Teams!

If you'd like to avoid the Sunday BBQ funk, there are showers available onsite.

Speak to Rich (the organizer) or Brian/Eric and we will set up a schedule for whoever is interested.

Eric

For those who have not heard from the Department of Health Services: our sanitarian tells me that we are on course.

"We review the events in date order. They should hear from me a week or so before the event."

**very cool news**

Ok, I'm in a bit of a quandary here. This isn't finalized, so I don't want to raise expectations BUT I need to start working on this now so that we have it in time.

It looks very good that we will have 'Baseball' cards for the teams participating in the People's Choice rib cook-off. On the front it will have your image (or logo, or team, or whatever), team name and the term 'A Home Run for Heroes' (the events motto) and the back will have team information. Members names, equipment, website, accomplishments, etc.
Each team will get about 15 copies of their card.

I need to get images and data from the teams participating in the People's Choice asap. Please email it to me at events@bbq-brethren.net and please be sure to include your name and your teams name.

Thanks!

Eric

Back