Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Greenport Harbor Blues & BBQ 6/27-28

Dept of Health sent me the wrong permit (of course :doh:). I got the permit for Smokin' Irish instead of Dawg Pound Smokin' Q. Will wonders never cease.

So we all have time to see there seems to be an ice donation in the works. The hope is 20 lbs per team per day (sat-sun). Any team willing to make a donation in lieu of purchase would be welcomed.

Wounded Warrior Project

Hey Folks,

If you could remind your relatives, friends, mortal enemies, etc. that the raffles are:

A) Pretty damn cool
B) Benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project

it would be appreciated.

Every single penny is going to the WWP.

Thanks!

Eric

• Thanks
Reactions: CBQ
Does anyone know how the People's Choice is being judged? How tickets are being sold? Ect....Also What is the details on the Chef's Choice? Is it still going on? I haven't gotten any really gotten any info on it?

Does anyone know how the People's Choice is being judged? How tickets are being sold? Ect....Also What is the details on the Chef's Choice? Is it still going on? I haven't gotten any really gotten any info on it?

Robert,

The public will buy a packet of tickets for the ribs. They exchange one ticket for one rib. The packet has an extra 'special' ticket that they give to the team with their favorite rib. At the end of the day, the teams hand in the 'special tickets' to Brian or myself. The team with the most wins.

The Chef's Choice is open garnish, but will be in a standard 9 by 9 styrafoam. You can make whatever you would like, but it must be made onsite and utilize one of the breweries beers.

Eric

is there anyone out there with an extra 10x10 tent i could use

I have one on top of the car now. We don't need me to vend, so you're welcome to it. If I'm not around when you get there, Rich, Eric or Skip will know where it is.

I stopped by Sang Lee Farms this morning and they carry parsley. They are pretty close to the event and they are a lauded farm used by top chefs, so their stuff should be good.

After leaving Sang Lee, head east to the next light, make a left and the venue is at the end of the road on the left.

Side note, if you're heading out there today, this is the last weekend for local strawberries and for some stands, it's the last day. They are delicious and fresh out of the field. If you're taking Sound Ave to get to the venue, you'll pass lots of farmstands.

Eric

Last edited:
Teams competing in the people's choice should be on-site by roughly 6 AM to receive their ribs.

All teams must be on-site by 9 AM.

The donated ribs arrived untrimmed and teams will need to trim their own. If possible, save the rib tips for Skip and I to cook and hand out if we run out of ribs.

There will be bagels, coffee usw in the morning at some point.

If you have a vendor's permit, but were not planning on doing the people's choice, we would ask you to reconsider as a couple of the teams that signed up have had to drop out.

Brian

Back