Contest Announcment Greenport Brewery - 6/27 - LI, NY

This is only tangentially related to the contest BUT the north fork has lots of cool farm stands in the summer as well as some boutique commercial farms like Satur.

Couple that w/ the amount of wineries out there and it's a pretty cool trip.

Eric

So, we have finally gotten everything together. The most crucial pieces of the competitors packet are attached. The rest will be coming up on libbqevents.com in the next couple of days, along with the judges packet. Contact information is in packet. Any questions or comments call or email me.

Contest is KCBS sanctioned. Paperwork is pending for NEBS TOY. Governor's proclamation is in hand.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I would think peoples choice ribs is considered vending and need the temp permit
what is the donation fee so we can get app in. thanks
Babylon Grillbillies

So I would think peoples choice ribs is considered vending and need the temp permit
what is the donation fee so we can get app in. thanks
Babylon Grillbillies

The Health Department considers the People's Choice to be "serving food to the public" which does require a temporary vendor's permit. There is no fee to the teams for this permit since the money goes to charity. Information on applying for the required permit is attached to this post:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3184212&postcount=26.

I'm not sure what you mean by "donation fee". The entry fee for the contest is $250 for a standard sized plot. Double plots (of which there are very few) are $50 extra. The entry form contains this and other information and is also attached to the post above.

Brian

The Health Department considers the People's Choice to be "serving food to the public" which does require a temporary vendor's permit. There is no fee to the teams for this permit since the money goes to charity. Information on applying for the required permit is attached to this post:

I'm not sure what you mean by "donation fee". The entry fee for the contest is $250 for a standard sized plot. Double plots (of which there are very few) are $50 extra. The entry form contains this and other information and is also attached to the post above.

Brian
Got it sorry brain fart

Brian

Brian just to clarify thats an extra 10x20 not a true double plot for 50$ extra right?

**Judges**

Hola!

Judges slots for this contest are going very quickly. If you are interested in judging, please send in your app now. Seriously. The apps went up a couple of days ago and we already have nearly 20 judges signed up.

Bonus: I believe that all of them are certified and some are master judges.

Eric

Hola!

Judges slots for this contest are going very quickly. If you are interested in judging, please send in your app now. Seriously. The apps went up a couple of days ago and we already have nearly 20 judges signed up.

Bonus: I believe that all of them are certified and some are master judges.

Eric

How many carry a cooler and think that no one deserves a 9? :laugh:

**Judges 2**

Ok, a quick follow up:

We've been inundated with judging requests. I'm pretty sure that we can use everyone that has signed up, but as of today, everyone else is going on a waiting list.

I'm pretty sure (and too lazy right now to check) that we will be 100% certified judges with a few certified table captains and a few master judges.

I guess having an event at a brewery brings out the Judges in a hurry. :grin:

Eric

Important

Sharp-eyed readers of the contest documentation caught me in a few errors. Accordingly I will repost the contest doco as soon as I can find out why I keep getting Internal Server Error Messages when I try to upload. The changes (to save you looking them up) are these:

MOST IMPORTANTLY: I gave the address for the wrong office of the brewery. All mail, including entry forms, should be sent to the following

Greenport Harbor Brewery
Att: BBQ Contest
42155A Main Road
Peconic, NY 11958

1) Vending of logoed team items and other non-food bbq stuff is permitted and there is no charge to do so, just keep it in the 20x20. the brewery retains the right to prohibit the display or sale of items it finds inappropriate.

2) The recipe submission form for the chef's choice contest has been rewritten so it is clear that the brewery gets only non-exclusive use to print the recipe.

3) The entry form has been rewritten to make it clear that the rules you are being asked to abide by are the rules of the contest with which you have been provided and the KCBS rules, with which I am now providing you instead of offering to send a copy.

4) Clarifies that "Responses to this application" become the property of the organizer, but that address, email, and telephone will not be used for promotional purposes.

5) I had forgotten to include the People's Choice prizes. Fixed.

6) I added some information about Department of Health forms and event liability insurance for teams participating in the people's Choice being covered by the brewery. (we're still working on that.)

Back