Catfish

Thank you for the kind comments, everybody! I was lucky enough to catch a few fish to bring home too.
The weather has been amazing in my area this year. The coolest summer in about 8 years. I'm sure it was the El Nino. Lots of storms but the rain makes it worth it. :grin:

Stunning as usual Jeanie. Both the food and the scenery. Ya know, I like almost any kind of seafood, but I've only had catfish once and I didn't care for it. Probably wasn't done correctly. Anyway despite my distaste for catfish I'd certainly wolf down a couple of those tacos!

Thanks Mike! I've heard that before. I think catfish have to be cleaned right. When properly cleaned, the meat is white, mild and flaky. Hope you give it a try again. :grin:

Dq2f9BR.jpg

Got any pics of the catch? How big were they?

No monsters! Most were pan sized or a little larger. I cut them into "nuggets" to fry.
I keep them in the water in a cage, til I have time to clean them. When left on a stringer, the racoons pull them in and eat all but the heads. :tape:

pU99g42.jpg

Mouthwatering as always.

Ya know there's a taco throwdown going on. Just sayin'... :wink:

Thanks Andy! I'll leave that to the professionals. :grin:

Itsdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYU370 View Post
Mouthwatering as always.

Ya know there's a taco throwdown going on. Just sayin'...

Good point. Has she ever entered any of the TD's? I mentioned she would have killed it as a contestent on that barbecue show on netflix for her live fire cooks. We just had a live fire cook TD too. She should practice on the TD's, just saying.

I've never entered a throwdown. I just post cooks and move on. lol
Thanks for the kind comment!

With her creative cooks and awesome camera skills, Jeanie would win every TD hands down. She's just being nice to us commoners by not entering. :laugh:

:laugh: Thanks Erik, very kind of you! I'm fine with watching the throwdowns from the sidelines. Let the pros handle it! :grin:

Note to self to add to bucket list… figure out a way to get an invite to one of cowgirl’s epic fishing and camping shin digs! Brilliant as always, Jeanie. :grin:

Note to self to add to bucket list… figure out a way to get an invite to one of cowgirl’s epic fishing and camping shin digs! Brilliant as always, Jeanie. :grin:

:laugh: Thanks Scott! Bring ice and your favorite beverage! :-D

Best way to get your catfish to taste like clean, white meat is cut their tail fins off and let them bleed out. That blood line that runs the length will disappear along with the strong taste.
Ed

đź’ˇ

Maybe a new BBQ-B throwdown challenge similar to Beat Bobby Flay? "Beat the Real Pioneer Woman"?

lol I know there has been at least one "cook like cowgirl" TD in the past. :-D

2 PM
Hoss I like fried catfish. That looks otherworldly!

Thanks Hoss! Hope you're having a great weekend!

snadamo
Quote:
Originally Posted by food4thot View Post
đź’ˇ

Maybe a new BBQ-B throwdown challenge similar to Beat Bobby Flay? "Beat the Real Pioneer Woman"?
I think a "Beat Cowgirl" type TD would be awesome. Of course, we'd all lose, but still would be fun!

:laugh: You'd cook circles around me!! Thanks Adam! :grin:

blockhd Cowgirl, marry me (unless you are married already)

Very kind of you! Thanks.. :laugh:

Big George's BBQ Your "just another cook" are always OUTSTANDING That looks and sounds amazing. Would love to see you enter a Throw Down

Thanks George!! I'm happy just watching. :-D

ModelMaker Best way to get your catfish to taste like clean, white meat is cut their tail fins off and let them bleed out. That blood line that runs the length will disappear along with the strong taste.
Ed

Definitely Ed! I like to remove the whole blood line.

Smoking Piney Jeanie, you're camping spot looks like a true slice of Heaven.

Great cook!

Thanks so much, John! It's so peaceful out there.... most of the time. :laugh:

Hey Miss J.....don’t you hope the world never finds out how **** good fried catfish is??!!...... A most excellent post as always!!!!!!!

Amazing Taco dish Jeanie! Worthy entry to for the Taco's TD although I know you demur. You gotta give us poor struggling wanna be's a chance! Cheers!

Back