Smokey O Rings

Thanks for the kind comments everyone!
Light beer or even club soda work best for the ring batter. It's easy to overpower the smoke flavor with strong beer. Same goes for "dippin" sauce. None is needed. imo. :grin:

You use alot of oil, what do you do with it when done cooking? Pitch, leave in vessel room temp, filter store cold?
Ed
Ed, I strain the oil and store in a fridge in my well house. I have a beer fridge in the shop but the well house fridge is closer to where I do my frying. lol

Looks great.

Jeanie I don't know if you ever share people food with your animals, but avoid giving an onion to the girls. It's bad for them.

Thanks Dave! No onion rings for the chickens... no chicken thighs either. lol
The laying hens do not get onions.
I have had great results feeding a scallion, garlic, ginger blend in feed that I use to fatten/flavor game hens while on the hoof. https://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2016/07/my-flavored-game-hen-project-from-hoof.html

I'd kill to have that rig for my wok cooking LOL

It works great for woks and discadas. :grin:

It's a section of pipe, rebar legs, expanded metal grate, burner from an old hot water heater... my high dollar, fancy cooker. lol

Thanks Bruce! I just saw your chuck roast post. Looks delicious!! :grin:

Well, well, well.
I think I know what I'm fixin with my ribs on Sunday.

Tell me a little about your CI pot if you don't mind.

Thanks Craig! The pot is an old one. Flat bottomed, no markings.
It's been in the family since forever. lol

Oh my. I'm now craving onion rings and it's only 6:30 in the morning. Looks fantastic.

Back