Smoked mahi mahi tacos with a nod to Cowgirl

PitRow

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Mike
way back when I was a noob at this stuff, the first time I ever made fish tacos was right after Cowgirl posted her Smoked Codfish Tacos with Chipotle Slaw and I followed it pretty closely. I've made it several times since, but I realized the other day it had been a couple years since I've made them again. So I defrosted some mahi mahi fillets and got to work.

I cut the fish into, matchsticks? I don't know what to call them, extra large julienne? I tossed those with some olive oil and taco seasonings, then into the smoker at 250 for about an hour.

While those were cooking, I made the slaw... a diced up chipotle in adobo sauce, with an extra spoonful of sauce, mayo, salt, lime juice, mixed up with a bag of coleslaw mix. And let it rest in the fridge while the fish finished. I also whipped up some avocado sour cream, which is just a ripe avocado blended into a tub of sour cream with a little salt.

The fish ready to come off the smoker

dcf3d50895de7282fc661c61f4ef35a1.jpg

After letting the fish cool a bit, I shredded it all up
e2247536bde50f400f30189d551f841d.jpg

Tortilla, fish, salsa, slaw, sour cream. Mmmm. good eatin'
1e46fd5c993165962bba760f906de4f8.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Those look fantastic! And I hear that Cowgirl can cook a mean dish of anythingshecancatch-shoot-orgrow! I'll have to try that recipe myself because it sounds like something right up my alley.

Back