Calf Fries and a Few Cooks (pic heavy)

Good Lord, Jeanie, I got full just perusing all those pics.

I think I need to know more about those pepperjack stuffed boudin balls!

Can't say that I've ever tried calf fries, but I'd certainly give them a shot.

Thank you Tim!
Here's Sam's boudin ball recipe...
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206037

I didn't have time to make venison boudin, so I went with regular store bought.
These things are tasty!!

edited to add..
I crumbled the boudin then added two eggs to make it moist before forming into balls.

I was in hot water earlier (I brought a pigs head home to cook).

I asked my bride if she'd like a Tiara for Christmas. Then I smiled. Then she got less than happy. I can't quit smiling.

There are those threads that knock it out of the park.

So that's where you were hiding the weekend before Thanksgiving when we were running around Oklahoma! I kept thinking I'd run into you up there! Seriously great eats, haven't had calf fries in a while. We did ride through the Wichita Mountains NWR, I posted a pic in the Wordless thread, and saw free ranging longhorns, bison, along with whitetails, turkeys and prairie dogs but no elk.

As always a wonderful post.

If Heaven ain't a lot like your place,I don't want to go!!!đź‘Ť AAA! We will be weaning calves soon.Hope to have a batch of those "mountain oysters" also!

Wow! That's a whole bunch of good lookin' food. You amaze me.:clap2:
Thank you JB! :grin:

Jeanie, you have me convinced to take up deer hunting. Fantastic food as always.
Marty, venison is pretty tasty over the winter, you should give it a try.
Thanks! :)

Thanks, Jeanie, hopefully I can locate some store bought boudin out here.
You're sure welcome Tim, hope you give them a try sometime. :grin:

I was in hot water earlier (I brought a pigs head home to cook).

I asked my bride if she'd like a Tiara for Christmas. Then I smiled. Then she got less than happy. I can't quit smiling.

There are those threads that knock it out of the park.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Too funny... Thanks Adams! :becky:

So that's where you were hiding the weekend before Thanksgiving when we were running around Oklahoma! I kept thinking I'd run into you up there! Seriously great eats, haven't had calf fries in a while. We did ride through the Wichita Mountains NWR, I posted a pic in the Wordless thread, and saw free ranging longhorns, bison, along with whitetails, turkeys and prairie dogs but no elk.

As always a wonderful post.

Sorry I missed you!! The Wichita Mountain area is one of my favorites in Oklahoma. So pretty. :) Hope you had an enjoyable trip.
Thanks so much for the kind comment, Bill! :grin:

If Heaven ain't a lot like your place,I don't want to go!!!đź‘Ť AAA! We will be weaning calves soon.Hope to have a batch of those "mountain oysters" also!

Thank you Hoss!! We have a great time during deer "camp". It's nice to spend the week with my best friends. :grin:
Let me know when you're cuttin' calves, I'll help. :mrgreen:

I have to confess Jeanie that while boudin is one of my favorites, I just can't get by the mental thing on the oysters. Maybe some day............ or not. Great job as always!!

Sister, as always the grub is simply mind blowing to say the least. It's always a pleasure and a humbling experience to click on one of your posts. And this one is certainly no exception. Simply an outstanding job from take off to touchdown. I know that it's a little late, but I hope that you and your family had a safe and happy Thanksgiving. Awesome job sister:thumb:

I have to confess Jeanie that while boudin is one of my favorites, I just can't get by the mental thing on the oysters. Maybe some day............ or not. Great job as always!!

Thanks Mike! I know fries aren't for everyone. :grin:

Sister, as always the grub is simply mind blowing to say the least. It's always a pleasure and a humbling experience to click on one of your posts. And this one is certainly no exception. Simply an outstanding job from take off to touchdown. I know that it's a little late, but I hope that you and your family had a safe and happy Thanksgiving. Awesome job sister:thumb:
Thanks so much Friend! Hope you and family had a great Thanksgiving too. :hug::thumb:

Been a few years since I've hunted but don't remember eating like that. Great lookin'grub right there.

Thinking Mrs frognot might need a tiara for Christmas. Thanks for the gift idea.

Been a few years since I've hunted but don't remember eating like that. Great lookin'grub right there.

Thinking Mrs frognot might need a tiara for Christmas. Thanks for the gift idea.

Thank you Charles. I'd be happy to send my tiara to you. I'm not planning on wearing it again. :grin:

Wow wonderful looking food as always Jeanie!

Thanks Big Joe!! Hope your deer season goes well. :)

Wow Neighbor!

It is all amazing looking. I love the way you make cracker crumbs!

Nice finish with that sunset!

Back