Bull Fries

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
I live in beef country, no mountains in sight...so these are referred to as "Bull Fries". Sometimes I cook "Calf fries".... but never "mountain oysters". :grin:

I work with them while they are still fairly frozen..

KgXXrfa.jpg

slice around the outer membrane ..

ffmicAy.jpg

peel back...

poitssj.jpg

iy38ful.jpg

slice as thick as you like.
Calf fries get halved most of the time, but I cut bull fries this way.

IjKSxjm.jpg

4GRTO41.jpg

My favorite way to prepare them is a simple egg milk bath and a saltine cracker dip.

8b3L00t.jpg

QCwpFDy.jpg

I use the 3/4 ton cracker crusher (pickup) when I have several to do, but this was a small batch, so I crushed the crackers with the rolling pin. :grin:

U672q0l.jpg

xbgiKNL.jpg

Cw5WYZJ.jpg

decided to fry up some canned okra from the garden..

Uwz9UMf.jpg

used an egg milk bath and cornmeal fish coating....

fe5SJoo.jpg

used the double burner this time...

WqQrNhD.jpg

QEl7Zqo.jpg

kTRCw6f.jpg

iDbq1QO.jpg

the "girls" came over to check things out.

qEs6GPT.jpg

8Ll4WGB.jpg

aBCOI1s.jpg

RGiNxHS.jpg

Bull fries, okra, beer.... supper was ready.

eIKiDUt.jpg

8KBifp5.jpg

The fries were pretty tasty.. :grin:

aymTg7p.jpg

g0vPL4U.jpg

I know it's not for everyone. I'm a fan, my friends enjoy them....and it was a nice way to spend the day!

Thanks for lookin'.

And a few minutes ago, I was scanning to see if you had a recent post. This one makes me hungry even though I haven't been able to try any. Near my hometown growing up, there was a "Testicle Festival" every year. It was a huge event. I still have never been.

And a few minutes ago, I was scanning to see if you had a recent post. This one makes me hungry even though I haven't been able to try any. Near my hometown growing up, there was a "Testicle Festival" every year. It was a huge event. I still have never been.

I hope you get to try them sometime, Jeremy! They're pretty tasty. :grin:
I would love to go to a festival!

I'm behind in posting cooks. I've been under the weather for a few days. Getting my appetite back though.
Thanks Jeremy! :grin:

Near my hometown growing up, there was a "Testicle Festival" every year. It was a huge event. I still have never been.

You talking about the Olean Testicle Festival, Jeremy? Go nuts and have a ball is one of their advertising catch-phrases. Used to be held the first weekend of June. I think they hit 25 years before Covid. I am not sure if it is still going on or not.

Jeannie, That was a good tutorial and the food looks spectacular. I haven't fries in years.

I’ve never had ‘em, but would probably try.

Get to feelin better!

That's taking the bull by the, er, horns. I have never tried them, nor even had any idea of how to cook them, but you did that dish right!

Back