Bull Fries

Those look fantastic Jeanie and the presentation is nailed per usual!
Thanks Jeremy! :grin:

Those look too good for me to not try :thumb:
Thanks Suds! Your Valentine's Day supper looked fantastic! :cool:

You talking about the Olean Testicle Festival, Jeremy? Go nuts and have a ball is one of their advertising catch-phrases. Used to be held the first weekend of June. I think they hit 25 years before Covid. I am not sure if it is still going on or not.

Jeannie, That was a good tutorial and the food looks spectacular. I haven't fries in years.

Nice to hear you are a "fry" fan too! Thanks for the kind comment! :grin:

Jeanie, is there anything you can't make magazine cover worthy.

Thank you Marty!! I use my phone camera. Sometimes I wish I had a nice camera but it's not on the top of my "want" list. :grin:

I’ve never had ‘em, but would probably try.

Get to feelin better!

Thanks Mike! I bet you would like them. They are fairly mild flavored!
I'm feeling a lot better today, thanks! :grin:

That's taking the bull by the, er, horns. I have never tried them, nor even had any idea of how to cook them, but you did that dish right!
lol Thanks Ron! I hope you give em a try sometime. They might surprise you. :grin:

I would have to pass.

They're not for everyone! :thumb:

Don't know if you are a better cook or a better photographer .... maybe both ... Looks amazing!!!

Very kind of you, Mike, thanks!!

Looks delicious of course but, if I knew what they were before trying I wouldn't :-o
Thanks Joe! They taste like chicken... well sort of. lol

I've been eating them since I was a kid - doesn't get any better.

Great!! Glad to see you're a fan too, Kevin! People don't know how good they are til they try them. :grin:

Looks.... uh... good? :tape:

I always say I'll pretty much try anything once, but much like escargot I'm not sure I could stomach this one. I'm sure it's all in my mind though.

Thank you Ed!

Nicely done!
Good to see ya Mike! Thanks! :grin:

Very nice. I have never had Bull or Calf Fries but would like to try them some day

Thank you George! They are pretty tasty. I like them with horseradish cocktail sauce. Some folks dip them in gravy.

Looks great!

Have you tried using venison? I did them for the first time this fall and became an instant fan. Once you get over any mental block, it is good eats.

Thanks Joe! Yes! I love venison fries too. I have some in the freezer from rifle season.. I thought about cooking them with the bull fries, but decided to wait til I have a venison cook. Glad to hear you like em too! :grin:

Looks great. Never had them but would not hesitate. Meat is meat. Is this a full meal or appetizer?

Thank you George! This was sort of a finger food meal. :grin:

Looks.... uh... good? :tape:

I always say I'll pretty much try anything once, but much like escargot I'm not sure I could stomach this one. I'm sure it's all in my mind though.

:laugh: Thanks Mike!! I bet you would like them!! They are really mild in flavor. :grin:

As always, FANTASTIC Jeanie!!! Never had beef ones, but we used to do them with venison every year. "Buck balls" we called them...

should call 'em "99 cent balls"... 'cause they're under a buck :laugh: I'll see myself out now...

I've had calf fries, forever. Quite a treat.
However, I've never seen any presented that look as Grand as these cowgirl cooked.
Awesome cook.

should call 'em "99 cent balls"... 'cause they're under a buck :laugh: I'll see myself out now...

:laugh:

OUTSTANDING!!! We used to cook calf fries before we switched to banding.

Great! I bet you have enjoyed many calf fry cooks in the past. They are so delicious. Thanks Hoss! :grin:

I've had calf fries, forever. Quite a treat.
However, I've never seen any presented that look as Grand as these cowgirl cooked.
Awesome cook.

Glad to hear you're a fan too! Thanks for the kind comment. I appreciate it Adams! :grin:

Nice work!!

Looks scrumptious :thumb:

Thanks so much, Smokey! :-D

Your presentation looks great as usual. Get yourself well and back in action soon.
The only times someone told me they tried them but wouldn't again, the reason was always the same "too chewy". The cook neglected to remove the sheath before cooking.
A co-worker who had never had any ordered fries from a meat market on the condition I'd cook them and he'd furnish the beer. When he smelled them cooking he took a sample then stood next to stove eating them as fast as I cooked them.

Love me some bull fries! Those look great!

I had a friend who swore he would never eat them. I roped his mother into helping me out and we made “chicken nuggets” for dinner on an evening he had to work late. Dinner was on the table and he was hungry. Said they were the best chicken nuggets he ever had.

I wasn’t sure I would still have a friend when we broke the news to him after dinner but he got over it and now makes sure we hold back a few for him every now and then.

Called my meat market. They had cleaned calf and whole big boy bull..The Bride likes their maple blueberry breakfast sausage links.
Got calf and her links. I've eaten the big boys from Colorado to Montana. One place served with beef au jous similar to french dip and garlic bread. The Chile sauce and lemon is off the charts.

Parts are good. Thanks for the reminder. Fries are usually only a couple miles away

You'd think living in Midwest cow country I would have run crossed them by now, (I see they have them).
Is there any "special" cleaning required to rid them of their natural payload juices?
Ed

You'd think living in Midwest cow country I would have run crossed them by now, (I see they have them).
Is there any "special" cleaning required to rid them of their natural payload juices?
Ed

That would be like drinking decaf coffee..
16A

Back