Bull Fries & Beer

AKA Rocky Mountain Oysters. When I lived inDenver I worked at a bar and grill. Had a nut fry every Saturday in the cuttin’ season. BTW turkey is best. Yummm!

Those look mighty tasty. I've never had em' but when I do I hope you're the one cooking em'.
Thanks Carl! Being a "Farmer", I figured you would have tried these before. :grin: You're sure welcome at our next calf fry get together!

Rocky Mountain Oysters!! :clap2: That's good eatin' Negibor and well done as always.

Thanks Neighbor!! Hope all's well with ya! :grin:

Jeanie, you can make anything look delicious.
Thanks Marty! I'm thinking, anything fried can be tasty. :grin:

I think all of the "smart" comments are taken, so I'll just give it the old "I'd eat that."
lol Thanks Sliding Billy! Glad to hear you're not opposed to trying them! :grin:

I love the way that cooker is made and set up.

Thanks Joedy! The cooker is a section of pipe, rebar legs, expanded metal grate and a burner from an old hot water heater. I have two cookers, they're really handy. :grin:

Good????
Jeanie made it.....
Good.
Ed
Very kind of you Ed! Thanks! :-D

AKA Rocky Mountain Oysters. When I lived inDenver I worked at a bar and grill. Had a nut fry every Saturday in the cuttin’ season. BTW turkey is best. Yummm!

Dan, I bet those fries were delicious!! Great way to spend a Saturday too! lol I have some turkey fries in the freezer....you're right, they're mighty fine eatin'. Thanks! :-D

Well, you STEERed me in a direction I didn't know this was going. Very nice, but I do prefer my cuts to come just a little higher on the animal. For those that are adventurous, I am sure you could eat those by the sack full. Jeanie, you rock!

lol Thanks Ron!!
Hope you have a great weekend! :-D

One of the highlights of fishing the mountain west were the variations of prairie oysters. Montana Tendergroins In Dillon MT or was it Great Falls? Pueblo Co has a place-DJ’s??
Most every where I’ve been north and west served them exactly as cowgirl has prepared. Outstanding. I can almost taste them. There was a place that served a beef dipping sauce with horseradish sauce.

They are a real treat when prepared as cowgirl has done.

One of the highlights of fishing the mountain west were the variations of prairie oysters. Montana Tendergroins In Dillon MT or was it Great Falls? Pueblo Co has a place-DJ’s??
Most every where I’ve been north and west served them exactly as cowgirl has prepared. Outstanding. I can almost taste them. There was a place that served a beef dipping sauce with horseradish sauce.

They are a real treat when prepared as cowgirl has done.

Thanks Adams! I bet you've come across some tasty fries in your travels!
I order them when I see em on the menu. Unfortunately many places use the pre-breaded, frozen ones. It's nice to run across a cook who will make them from scratch.
Out of all of the coating's I've tasted, Good ole saltine crackers are my favorite.
Thanks for the kind comment!
Hope you have a great weekend!

Lookin way tasty! Been years since I’ve had them. Last time, I think, was at a Reciprocal Meats Conference in Colorado, Bruce’s Oyster House. Not bad, but not the best either, kinda touristy. I’d drive far to get a plate of yours.

Lookin way tasty! Been years since I’ve had them. Last time, I think, was at a Reciprocal Meats Conference in Colorado, Bruce’s Oyster House. Not bad, but not the best either, kinda touristy. I’d drive far to get a plate of yours.

Thanks Blue! :-D
Glad to hear you're a fan of them too! I've not heard of Bruce's, but sorry to hear they weren't the best. You're definitely welcome at any of my cookouts. Hope you have a great weekend! :-D

Jeanie....very nice touch with the truck, although off-putting to our more sensitive male members. :razz:

Have you tried potato chips in place of the saltines? Yum!

Also good with some green chile.

Shades of my youth, Jeanie.

We would go out frog giggin' for a night.....and have a feast that next evening. :-D

I miss those days....

Looks great, Jeanie! :thumb:

LOL.... you use a tractor to make Panko?? That's hilarious!

The truck! Started doing this several years ago, during deer camp. It's a tradition now, when making calf fries. Thanks! :grin:

Jeanie....very nice touch with the truck, although off-putting to our more sensitive male members. :razz:

Have you tried potato chips in place of the saltines? Yum!

Also good with some green chile.

Thank you!! I've tried many things, but always come back to good ole saltines. :grin:

This has to somehow relate to the Texas - OU game last weekend. Well played.:clap:

lol Nope. I do not watch football. :grin:

Shades of my youth, Jeanie.

We would go out frog giggin' for a night.....and have a feast that next evening. :-D

I miss those days....

Looks great, Jeanie! :thumb:
That sounds like fun John!! I love frog giggin'. Haven't been for ages. Bet you had an interesting childhood! :grin: Thanks!

Beer looks great!! :razz:

:laugh: Thanks Greg!! :grin:

They sure look a lot prettier on that plate than the bull. I'm sure they were delicious Jeanie, it's been years since I have eaten any.

Have never tried these but would give em a try. Might have to have a few beers first.

Back