Wings, Bull Fries and Spicy Shrimp

I need a bib when I look at your cooks :laugh: , as always food looks great.
Last year was the first time I tried Rocky mountain oysters it was on a dare best dare I ever took. :heh:

Dang Jeanie!
I haven't had bull/calf fries in waaaaaaaaaaaaay to long!
Love 'em! they bring back memories of all of the sights, sounds, smells, fun, and hard work of the spring gatherings, plus the snacks cooked as the branding fire cools.....
Thanks for the trip down memory lane....
OH! yeah the rest looks purdy dang good too!
Thanks for sharing :thumb:

Thank you bstomper! Hope you give them a try sometime, they are pretty tasty. :becky:

I've tried three times to look but I get to the skinned nut n' knife photo and I close my eyes. Maybe if I start at the last photo and work up ;-))

Beer. And a moment of silence for el toro.

MO awesomeness
:laugh::laugh: I hoped the photos wouldn't be too graphic. Thanks for the compliment and the laugh Adams! :thumb:

Thank you Garrett, Will and GL!
lol Garrett!

Nice! Bet the bull IS hard to catch lol!

Thanks Bly! :becky:

Thank you Blue, George and Jim! George, I hope you give them a try someday. :)
Jim, glad to hear you like them too!! :thumb:

awesome looking..... i have never had the rocky mountain oysters.... but i eat squirrel brains and chitterlings.......so i am sure the bull fries would be no problem!!!!!

Shoot, Paul! I bet you would love em. I haven't tried squirrel brains but would taste them if you were the cook. Thanks friend!!

I will try the bull fries! I have some of Wickedcajun's Dayum rub waiting to be used on some ribs. Thanks for the post.
Thanks Jamaica! Lookin' forward to your rib cook!

Thanks so much Dad2! :-D

I need a bib when I look at your cooks :laugh: , as always food looks great.
Last year was the first time I tried Rocky mountain oysters it was on a dare best dare I ever took. :heh:
Hoss, thanks!! Glad to hear you tried them!! :becky:

Dang Jeanie!
I haven't had bull/calf fries in waaaaaaaaaaaaay to long!
Love 'em! they bring back memories of all of the sights, sounds, smells, fun, and hard work of the spring gatherings, plus the snacks cooked as the branding fire cools.....
Thanks for the trip down memory lane....
OH! yeah the rest looks purdy dang good too!
Thanks for sharing :thumb:

Rick, you need to get more cattle so you can enjoy fresh ones again.....and all of the work that goes with it. :becky:
Next time I cook some up, I'll send an invite your way. Thanks friend!

Looks great! I googled "bull fries san jose ca" just now and this tread is fourth down the list. May be a little hard to find around here.

Only on a site like this you would find so many people willing to eat rocky mountain oysters!:laugh:
Great Looking Dish Jeanie!! I would love to try those as well!:thumb:

Looks great! I googled "bull fries san jose ca" just now and this tread is fourth down the list. May be a little hard to find around here.
Thanks Hefty! Maybe "calf fries" or mountain oysters would work.
Good luck, hope you find some!

:laugh: Ray you're so right. The Brethren aren't afraid to try new things.
Thanks friend!! :becky:

Phu, Thanks so much! I had a "mine" with the meal. :thumb:

Thank you ssv! Not as great as the oyster pic you posted in WP. I'd trade you! :mrgreen:
I've been drooling over your picture of a plate of oyster shells, what would happen if I had a real plate of oysters in front of me! lol
I want to hang out with you and your brothers!

Tony thank you! The hard part is catching the bull. :laugh:

We'll just have to see. :biggrin1:

All kidding side anytime Jeanie! I mean it.

Thank you ssv! I've been meaning to make it out to CA for one of grt's (Greg's) Brethren Bashes. Would love to meet you while out that way. :grin:

I've been working on her for years! ssv3 - you can help me wear her down till she comes out this way, and we'll have a big ole bash, then a feast, then a party, then repeat...

Food looks great Jeanie - and when (not if - when!) you come out here, you can make those bull fries and I'll give 'em a try.

I've been working on her for years! ssv3 - you can help me wear her down till she comes out this way, and we'll have a big ole bash, then a feast, then a party, then repeat...

Food looks great Jeanie - and when (not if - when!) you come out here, you can make those bull fries and I'll give 'em a try.

:laugh::laugh: A trip to one of your bashes is top on my list of things I want to do!!
I'm almost afraid to come out there. Between the weather, good eats and great people I won't want to come back to Oklahoma! :laugh:
Bull fries will be a definite must... I'll bring em. :becky:
Thanks Greg!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Poor poor bull... Guess he's a steer now...:shock:, food looks fantastic as always, Ms Jeanie!!:thumb:

lol Yes he's a steer now!
Gerard, your products are making me look good to my friends. Love your dry rubs!! Thanks friend! :thumb:

Just in case anyone living east of the Mississippi missed this the first time.

Back