Grilled Chicken Sandwich and Fries for Throwdown

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
For the BBQ/Grilled Sandwich Throwdown

Just Another Chicken Sandwich (or perhaps not)

Not trying to copy any of the fast food chicken sandwiches, I may have had a Chick-fil-A sandwich at one point, but probably not. If I did, it wasn't memorable. I was in the mood for a not fried, lightly breaded chicken sandwich so this is my own.

Two chicken breasts, seasoned in flour and cornstarch, then dipped in an egg wash, then coated with the final breading which is no secret here. A mix of Lefty's and Panko bread crumbs -

5T9A0uC.jpg

As a side we'll go with Shoestring Fries. These are nothing more than the Market Basket store brand -

dZQsGkh.jpg

Fries and the Blackstone will be sprayed with Duck Fat -

5MeXvtQ.jpg

I know I was going to do a fries cookoff between the Blackstone, the oven and the stovetop, no time to do so today. The cooking method of interest is on the Blackstone, so the method is get the griddle up to about 350F, spray the surface with the Duck Fat, spray the fries with Duck Fat and place them on the griddle trying to keep them in a single layer -

ESCP7Ws.jpg

Let 'em cook on the griddle top for 20-25 minutes. The chicken was grilled indirect over on the Weber kettle, but I failed to take any pics. Since the coating still had some unbrowned bits I transferred the chicken to the Blackstone for the last five minutes or so to brown those -

m4wrKpI.jpg

Ready to eat. Fries are done, nicely browned and crispy on the outside. Rolls are toasted on the Blackstone. Chicken sandwich is served with secret sauce :becky: , pickles, tomato, lettuce, more secret sauce on the top bun -

MUp8KJk.jpg

4qrRm7k.jpg

UVWwgC8.jpg

N6EWrMk.jpg

ILd9Fuu.jpg

RZwCLaP.jpg

No secrets here. This was a great chicken sandwich. No frying, crispy outside, moist chicken and I'm sure no fast food place uses Lefty's nor do they serve a Sam Adams.

Secret sauce: mayo, ketchup, Frank's. :laugh:

Thanks for reading through to the end of this post. One of these pics will wind up as a throwdown entry.

Regards,
-lunchman

Back