Bull Fries n Catfish

16 Adam: Testicle Festival... That's funny right there.

Calf fries done right are quite good. For those who shy off have you ever thought about the egg you eat.

Of course Jen nailed it again she knows her stuff. I often wonder is she can bake??

Calf fries done right are quite good. For those who shy off have you ever thought about the egg you eat.

Of course Jen nailed it again she knows her stuff. I often wonder is she can bake??

She bakes over a wood fire on a regular basis. In a dutch oven and otherwise.

That's Nuts. :loco:
Definitely! :thumb:

Looks awesome! Great to see some down-home cookin from back home -- makin me homesick for good ol' Oklahoma!!
Great!! Nice to see another down-home cook fan! I feel for ya, Cali is a whole different world. lol Thanks DustDevil!

Bull fries huh? I believe we call them Rocky Mountain Oysters.:biggrin1:
No mountains here! lol We call em as we see em. Bull fries from the bulls and calf fries from the calves. :thumb:

I'd eat that. :wink:
Thanks Sliding Billy! Glad to hear it!

Looks like a great snacking meal neighbor!

Love the cracker smashing method!

Thanks Neighbor! Pretty quick way to smoosh crackers... and it's a lot more fun than a food processor. lol

If you never have- you should. Done right -and these are righteous —they’re outstanding.
Grand Feast
Awesome!!!

I must confess- I do squirm just a little when viewing photos of a testicle festival ‘:)

https://www.thrillist.com/amphtml/eat/nation/11-things-you-didn-t-know-about-rocky-mountain-oysters

Thanks Adams! Glad to hear you're a fan. I appreciate the link too. :grin:
I've found that "real men" eat bull/calf fries...they also drink light beer on occasion.....and they don't whine about it! :laugh:
Fortunately, the fellas I hang out with are "real men". :thumb:

Fantastic Jeanie.

Thanks Marty!

Looks yummy! Some of the tastiest finger food there is. I especially am digging the "quick" method.

Thank you Jermo, good to hear! The quick method works great when using a box for each tire. lol

Great meal. I bet that was some good eats.
Thanks so much! :grin:

Good cooking as usual Jeanie, well done.

if you don't mind me asking what breed are your horses, they are very photogenic.

Thank you Vicar! The horses are registered Quarter horses. They are good "cattle bred" workers.

Lets say a prayer for that poor boy’s knee knockers. I’ve never had em but you make it look so good that I’d try it for sure!
That's the spirit! Glad to hear you'd give em a try. Thanks! :-D

Looks great! I miss fish fry's. Hardly anyone does them anymore.

I will say, I was raised about as redneck as they come, but I just can't bring myself to eat fries or oysters or whatever you want to call them. Just can't wrap my hear around it.

I love fish fries! If you find some bull fries, give em a try. Like Adam's said, if they are cooked right, they are danged fine eating!

Looks awesome. Rocky Mtn Oysters get ordered every time I see them on a menu!!
Thanks! Glad to hear you're a fan too!

Wow!! :icon_cool

Mighty fine looking food,but it would take close to a case of those Coor's long necks for me to try bull fries.

The girl's look nice too:-D

Thank you Sir! lol You need to try them. You've got a standing invitation to any of my bull fry cooks! :biggrin1:

Way fine...I’m all in!

Thank so much Blue! Glad to hear it! :biggrin1:

I guess I've just never been hungry enough to eat offal. Thanks anyway.
Everything else looks great!
lol They're not offal. When you get the courage to give em a try, you'll love them!

I don't think calf fries count as offal -- at least not in Okla or Texas!
Well said DustDevil! :laugh::thumb:

Thanks so much! Yes, I bake. lol

She bakes over a wood fire on a regular basis. In a dutch oven and otherwise.

Yep, I bake a lot! Thanks Dads! :grin:

My lord Jeanie everything looks delicious. Now that is how finger food is done.

That's the spirit! Glad to hear you'd give em a try. Thanks! :-D

I love fish fries! If you find some bull fries, give em a try. Like Adam's said, if they are cooked right, they are danged fine eating!

Thanks! Glad to hear you're a fan too!

Thank you Sir! lol You need to try them. You've got a standing invitation to any of my bull fry cooks! :biggrin1:

That surely would be a pleasure young lady.

I'd hit all that! Looks like a fun meal and a great evening, Jeanie! I've never had bull or calf fries, but if you cooked 'em, I'd certainly eat 'em!

I'd hit all that! Looks like a fun meal and a great evening, Jeanie! I've never had bull or calf fries, but if you cooked 'em, I'd certainly eat 'em!

Thanks Greg!! I really think you'd like them! :grin:
It was a nice evening with friends. We're pretty laid back here. lol

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
This could Easily be Day 2 at "CowGirls Country Cooking Camp".......Just Sayin....

lol Day 1....Harvesting the "fries". :grin:

gdQQras.png

xdBMdW3.jpg

It would take allot of Balls for that Cooking Camp------Just Sayin

lol Thanks! :grin:

I'd hit that Neighbor! Cool thread as usual.

Thanks Neighbor, glad to hear that you would try em too!! :thumb::biggrin1:

Back