Boudin Discussion Thread

I think I am going to have to make some faux boudin, no pork liver locally available. Odd, as I know that all pigs have livers. I had this issue with a recent hunt for chicken livers as well, no place had chicken livers.

Ya'll made me do it hahaha:wink:
Chops boudin and cracklins
imagejpg1_zpsa2353639.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Billys Boudin balls with pepper jack inside

So thanks for my full belly :becky:

Last edited:
I've eaten boudin from NuNu's, Hebert's in Maurice and Joey's across from Cajun Field and they are all good. I don't head up to Lafayette anymore since my sister moved back, which is a shame. Just to far of a drive for me (about 2 hrs). So if I want boudin, I either have to get what they have at the grocery store (Rouses) or at Bourgeois' Meat market in Schriever, LA. Their boudin is hit and miss but it's not bad. They also have some good jerky.

Uh oh, I bet you went to PNG. I graduated from TJ in 1979. That rivalry was a big as UT/A&M.

Back then, you could get hot boudin in any convenience store, just like you can get hot dogs today.

CD

A Yellowjacket! Gotta say, your school intimidated me like no other. We moved from there before I graduated, but I was class of '79 too.

The "Golden Triangle" is home to MANY displaced Cajuns! At Pt Neches J-High, the cafeteria would sometime serve red beans & rice with a small section of boudin. You KNOW it was good!

I think I am going to have to make some faux boudin, no pork liver locally available. Odd, as I know that all pigs have livers. I had this issue with a recent hunt for chicken livers as well, no place had chicken livers.

A few of the boucheries around here don't use liver in their boudin... a lot of people don't care for it in their links... Doesn't make it a faux boudin...you can add it or not, in fact some can't get fresh pig liver so they add chicken livers... milder and creamier...

A few of the boucheries around here don't use liver in their boudin... a lot of people don't care for it in their links... Doesn't make it a faux boudin...you can add it or not, in fact some can't get fresh pig liver so they add chicken livers... milder and creamier...

Yup i remember one guy using turkey livers

When I was doing my Japanese grilling, I must have hit a dozen grocery stores, not one bit of offal, except tripe, which the local Mexican markets all had.

I've eaten boudin from NuNu's, Hebert's in Maurice and Joey's across from Cajun Field and they are all good. I don't head up to Lafayette anymore since my sister moved back, which is a shame. Just to far of a drive for me (about 2 hrs). So if I want boudin, I either have to get what they have at the grocery store (Rouses) or at Bourgeois' Meat market in Schriever, LA. Their boudin is hit and miss but it's not bad. They also have some good jerky.[/QUOTE

man the hog head cheese and turkey cheese is awesome at Bourgeois'. Been there lots of times, vendors bring there head cheese too!!!

Just to be clear, the fact that I am cooking up a bunch of long grain rice, bought some pork butt and am soaking sausage casings, has nothing to do with this thread.

Farkers. :tsk: So mentally weak, look Bob, see the ball, go get the ball, you want the ball, go get the ball Bob

Just to be clear, the fact that I am cooking up a bunch of long grain rice, bought some pork butt and am soaking sausage casings, has nothing to do with this thread.

Farkers. :tsk: So mentally weak, look Bob, see the ball, go get the ball, you want the ball, go get the ball Bob

Of course it doesnt... Boudin is what matters!!! Send pics plZ

Since I was doing two cooks and had a big meeting this morning, the Boudin pork has been cooked, rice is cooked and stock is made. Tomorrow, I will chop parsley and green onions, saute up the sweet onion I found, get the whole thing stuffed and smoked.

I got a plan

Since I was doing two cooks and had a big meeting this morning, the Boudin pork has been cooked, rice is cooked and stock is made. Tomorrow, I will chop parsley and green onions, saute up the sweet onion I found, get the whole thing stuffed and smoked.

I got a plan
Awesome! Can't wait to see it come together!!

Back