Is Resturant Depot any good? Access?

Shadowdog500

is One Chatty Farker
I just found out that a Resturant Depot opened in my area.
Are the deals pretty good there? I’m already a member of Sam's and BJ’s.
I read old posts that indicated that you could get a day pass if you are a KCBS member. Is that still true? I am not going to get a business license just to shop there.

Last edited:
Haven't been there in quite some time. I'd go there because I could find things there that I couldn't find at any other local store, tri tip, hanger steak, flap meat, etc. Not sure if they still honor the KCBS membership, check the KCBS website. Although the one I used to go to all the time, I just asked for a daypass at the counter, they never asked for any type of documenation. During the Rona they were allowing the public to shop there, no need for a business license, again not sure if they are still doing that.

OMG yes. Deli Roast beef for $4/lb.
Natural casing hot dogs. They used to carry Nathans, but i think Nathans stopped making them, but they carry Sabretts natural casing.
Miscut chicken wings for 54 cents per pound. But you have to buy a 40lb case. They are great. Most of them are perfectly cut party wings, but some might have a bit of a wing tip connected. Not an issue at all for me.
They also carry Hanger steak. But you have to buy a 5lb unit.

Day pass is still listed as a KCBS benefit on the KCBS website. I have heard of the public getting day passes at many locations also. I rarely need volume, so have only been once. It's pretty cool though

Day pass is still listed as a KCBS benefit on the KCBS website. I have heard of the public getting day passes at many locations also. I rarely need volume, so have only been once. It's pretty cool though

I have a business ien membership card, but you can literally just go there and get the local branch kcbs number and just give it to them at the counter. ( they do not verify memberships ) Ive done this lots of times after my KCBS membership ran out.

A new one should be pretty nice. The one in KC is a bit of a dump. I've gone to them in other cities and had much better luck. Or even a US Foods Chef Store can be way better-and open to the public.

But depending what you need, they can be handy. I can get chicken thighs for half the price of Sams-just have to be willing to deal with 40lbs of them at once, etc.

40lb bags of mesquite lump charcoal for $20 but never used it.

Generally I find the meat prices at Costco about the same and they're easier to access.

Kcbs?

First....what is "KCBS"?

I'm not familiar with that company/acronym.

I've been meaning to go to the one here in New Orleans. I'm friends with folks at the local bars here and one of them gave me one of their cards to go in on...

So, I plan to check it out once the cold weather passes us by in a couple weeks.

C

First....what is "KCBS"?

I've been meaning to go to the one here in New Orleans. I'm friends with folks at the local bars here and one of them gave me one of their cards to go in on...

So, I plan to check it out once the cold weather passes us by in a couple weeks.

C

I believe it's "Kansas City BBQ Sociiety".

First....what is "KCBS"?

C

Are you serious?

I do believe that I saw an article recently that said the general public can just walk up to the service desk and get a one-day pass. I have been to one store once, take a jacket because the entire refrigerated area is a big walk-in cooler, at least in my case.

The one in KC has a better meat variety than what's typically found at Costco or Sam's, but it's far enough for me that I'm not sure the slightly cheaper price (usually only $.10-20/lb) justifies the time/gas compared to just buying at my normal haunts. There's also a more than zero chance of being a victim of random crime at this particular area, too.

Been a few years since I've gone though.

I go occasionally using the KCBS membership to get a day pass. My experience at my local store is there is usually alot of confusion getting the day pass with the KCBS membership but eventually they give it to me. Sometimes they make me pay with cash or debit because of the day pass. The line to checkout can be incredibly long so you have to bring extra patience. That said they do have certain cuts that are difficult to find from other places so it is worth the hassle sometimes.

The one in KC has a better meat variety than what's typically found at Costco or Sam's, but it's far enough for me that I'm not sure the slightly cheaper price (usually only $.10-20/lb) justifies the time/gas compared to just buying at my normal haunts. There's also a more than zero chance of being a victim of random crime at this particular area, too.

Been a few years since I've gone though.

Is the neighborhood around there bad? We were there last week and it didn’t seem too bad but it was about an hour after they opened on a weekday.

Back