THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks for the recipe Wicked! I'm thinking I'll give the loose sausage a whirl this weekend and see how it comes out. Anything to take into consideration when scaling? Or would a smaller batch of 2lbs pork, 2C rice, 2 bunches onions work? Don't want to whip this up in a 5lb batch until I have it figured out.

I like Jerry Lee's out of the casing....his casing is like a water balloon. If you want some great boudin for grilling...stop at Chris's specialty meats off Millerville in Baton Rouge. Get some Tiger sausage too. Its legit.

One of the ones that I like the best is at T'Boy's in Mamou, LA.
http://www.tboysboudin.com/
https://www.facebook.com/tboysboudinandcracklins

There is also a guy that became a boudin connosieur and has a website of his reviews. http://boudinlink.com/

There is also this every year in October in Lafayette I think. http://www.boudincookoff.com/

Finally something I know about on the forums! haha

Everyone south of 190 and between lake Charles and the Mississippi river is a connoisseur:thumb:.

Since I am an hour or more away from the Acadiana area we (myself and a bunch of old coonasses) make a really big batch of Boudin every fall. Here is our recipe and we use pork liver in ours.

6-7 lbs pork meat
2.75lb pork liver
12 cup course chopped onions
6 garlic toes
6 large bell pepper
6 cup chopped green onions, white part and all
1 cup parsley
1/4 cup cajun seasoning

Boil all above until meat tender. Remove from liquid and let cool. Grind up cooked meat and veggies with 1/4 inch plate. Then add 2 more cups chopped green onions, 1/4 cup seasoning, 1/2 cup parsley and 6 cups of cooked rice. Add back pork stock to get correct moisture level. Stuff into casings or make into Boudin balls.

I hope our LA brethren and all brethern don't get up set by the "good boudin area" we talk about. I know there are people all over the country who can make good boudin, we just mean in general. All in fun:boxing:

Thanks for the recipe Wicked! I'm thinking I'll give the loose sausage a whirl this weekend and see how it comes out. Anything to take into consideration when scaling? Or would a smaller batch of 2lbs pork, 2C rice, 2 bunches onions work? Don't want to whip this up in a 5lb batch until I have it figured out.

You can scale it down... No problem doing it like that... The cook times stay the same though... We dont do less then this, because we eat it all too fast... Lol

Since I am an hour or more away from the Acadiana area we (myself and a bunch of old coonasses) make a really big batch of Boudin every fall. Here is our recipe and we use pork liver in ours.

6-7 lbs pork meat
2.75lb pork liver
12 cup course chopped onions
6 garlic toes
6 large bell pepper
6 cup chopped green onions, white part and all
1 cup parsley
1/4 cup cajun seasoning

Boil all above until meat tender. Remove from liquid and let cool. Grind up cooked meat and veggies with 1/4 inch plate. Then add 2 more cups chopped green onions, 1/4 cup seasoning, 1/2 cup parsley and 6 cups of cooked rice. Add back pork stock to get correct moisture level. Stuff into casings or make into Boudin balls.
Sounds damn tasty...

Most any place down here that makes boudin will make boudin balls and there are many different ways to do that to. some stuff with cream cheese and jalapeno peppers. they are excellent with beer are as munchies. Vendors down here bring boudin and boudin balls to their customers for breakfast, yum:clap2:

I brought some to customers tuesday... Lol... And yes Ty, it was from Legnons

Lets see hmmm didnt you come by here Tuesday morn and i didnt see any boudin :shocked: but hey you commited a sin yesterday by not stopping at Chops :twitch: you know i been having cravings for Chops hahaha

I went to Legnons after I left your shop...and you're going to chops today!!!

Back