Price Alert - Blackstone Pizza Oven

What motor did you replace it with? I'm on my second Blackstone motor, needing a third. thanks

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0043C5ZDI/ref=dra_a_rv_ff_fx_xx_P2000_1000?tag=dradisplay-20&ascsubtag=b07e0015d43f7ed9f8d11aa9d353aaee_S[/ame]

This one is working just fine sir!

Scott

So glad I missed this deal. I backed the Uuni pro indiegogo and the wife would likely have had a fit this showed up too.

For what it's worth Kenji over at serious eats did a run down of these portable pizza ovens
The Best Backyard Pizza Ovens

That was a great review. My typical pizza size is 14-16" and we almost always make multiples, so really the only one on the market that works for me is the Blackstone. I do wish Roccbox would make a larger (and less expensive) version since I still have a mental hangup preferring a wood fuel to propane even though I know propane kicks out some amazing results.

oh no, it's at 217. PLEASE don't go below $200 again

Went ahead and pulled the trigger at $231... now to add another $60 for the cover and peel.
Keep an eye on the price, I believe if it goes down after you purchase it you can get refunded by Amazon. Just speak with customer service.

Last edited:
Just put mine together and can't wait to take it on its first run! :clap2:

It was at about $213 when I checked. Couldn't resist. Order placed.

Now I gotta go back and remember all the tips for assembly and modification - something about the center shaft?

I'm thinking I read somewhere else that the newest versions have the center shaft issues addressed. Mine is a year old and it's just fine other than the rotisserie motor upgrade. Just be sure you have the inner liner sitting well into it's recesses so as things heat up and expand, the deck plate doesn't rub on the liner and bog down the motor.

You'll want one of these also. [ame]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DMI632G?psc=1[/ame]

Scott

Last edited:
I'm thinking I read somewhere else that the newest versions have the center shaft issues addressed. Mine is a year old and it's just fine other than the rotisserie motor upgrade. Just be sure you have the inner liner sitting well into it's recesses so as things heat up and expand, the deck plate doesn't rub on the liner and bog down the motor.

You'll want one of these also. https://www.amazon.com/Etekcity-Las...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=HE1HHX1YPG1EBTGY28YR

Scott
That would be great! Already have an IR thermometer. Ordered the BS Pizza Oven cover. Have a wood peel. Gotta decide on a metal or super peel, or get some pizza screens.

Reading through my old notes on doughs and sauces. Figure I need to pick up a few supplies for the weekend in case it arrives in time and I can get it assembled. Might make dough tomorrow if it all looks good.

It may have been just me and my dough recipe but I did not have very good luck using a pizza screen, the rapid rising dough just expanded through it and made it's self part of the pizza. I'm sticking with a little corn meal and a metal peal. Also, make sure you turn the red regulator knob all the way open ( not sure which way cw or ccw) and the tank valve all the way open but start with the front control down fairly low otherwise it's tough to start full blast. I had to make sure all 3 valves where wide open to get the deck up past 800 and the dome over 1100.

Scott

Back