Gozney Dome pizza oven owners, help me spend some money!

A thought..

@ssv3

The Dome stand is more than half the cost of the Walmart BS model, that's a good buy at a third of the cost of the gas dome and stand!

Been looking at the Kiln Everdure today, that's a solid cooker for the price but I need a stand for it whatever I buy. I have so many cookers and I refuse to leave any of them out in the weather here it's hard on things. They make an awesome prep table stand for that cooker but it's more than the oven lol.

Just a thought...

It's pretty easy to get a stainless steel table of most any size, with casters from Amazon.

I got one without casters to use as my work table by my offset.....

I would have to think it would be easy enough to get one that you could set whatever pizza oven you get onto....if it didn't come with a table.

I'd venture a guess it would be a cheaper option too...?

Just my $0.02,

cayenne

Sako your right it is calling my name, found a little more info on the March reveal for the dome model and it looks like they have revamped the gas only model to move the gas burner up into the left sidewall creating more space. It's got a mantel shelf and supposed to be much lighter in weight.

Word is it will also cost significantly less than the current model, here's a pic I found.

wMnTGEVl.jpg

@itsdone
Your right, it is alot of money for a cooker than wont do an 18" pizza. There's a commercial manufacturer by the name of Avantco that has that covered with their 18-S model for under $600.00. It's 120V ~1700 watts, will do an 18" pie and the replacement parts are dirt cheap and readily available to keep it running.
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/av...SYjVfIlbaNFfjZDVO4pv98HWp3RuvySIaAhhWEALw_wcB

These days commercially....where do you find a 18" pizza?

Most places these days are calling 14" a "large"....sheesh.

I've only seen a few places in my life that serve larger than 16"....but not something you commonly see.

I'd actually never heard of home cooks doing larger than 16"...as a thing....?

C

Cayenne here in the Midwest lots of places have reduced their large offering to 16~14" pizzas but that wasn't the case going back in time.

20" large Chicago or thin crust deli pizza's were pretty typical for as long as I can recall here, not a great option for home cooks those bigger pies will self destruct on the slide way easier lol.

We were always tripping over the flats of 20" pizza boxes in the kitchens, those darn things took up some space!

At this point I'm going to buy the Gozney oven and stand, I can go the instant gratification route as there is a Home Depot 40ish miles away that has them in stock or wait a month and see what the new Dome release is all about?

Cayenne here in the Midwest lots of places have reduced their large offering to 16~14" pizzas but that wasn't the case going back in time.

20" large Chicago or thin crust deli pizza's were pretty typical for as long as I can recall here, not a great option for home cooks those bigger pies will self destruct on the slide way easier lol.

We were always tripping over the flats of 20" pizza boxes in the kitchens, those darn things took up some space!

At this point I'm going to buy the Gozney oven and stand, I can go the instant gratification route as there is a Home Depot 40ish miles away that has them in stock or wait a month and see what the new Dome release is all about?

WOW!!

LOL...I love pizza...and would love big pies like that!!

Well, good luck....do you have any indication how long you'd have to wait for the latest Gozney release comes about? If only a couple months, etc....might be worth it, especially if they lower the cost as I think you alluded to earlier....

Or, maybe you can hit HD and tell them you know the new ones are coming out....and ask what discount they can give you on the current old models they have sitting in stock...

Good Luck!!

C

Cayenne the Gozney FB group has some info and pics that apparently the mothership had on their website at once point indicating Marth 6th would be the release date. That is no longer on the website at this point that I can find so?

I'm going to email them and ask, but here's a link to an article with more info:
https://pizzapreacher.com/gozney-ar...exs9I1vHX7c8gyfkkvyxfoeVXs9I8OAq2IZaz33MxLWTg

I used to make 20" shrimp, black olive and artichoke pizza with a garlic olive oil drizzle for Thursday night's special and people stood in line out in the cold to get one it really fed a family.

Last edited:
If not too long of a wait I would wait for the new one. Another way to tink about it is that frequently the new models are not as sturdy/good as the old models for some things. Will be interested in your review

Gozney replied pretty fast, but won't lift the lid on their newest model just yet.

Good news is they clearly indicated it's coming, copy and paste of the reply for anyone that's interested they will be using their customer email list to get the details out first.

"Thanks for reaching out! I unfortunately, can't say much about our upcoming release, but more information will be coming out in the next few weeks!"

That's awesome! The extra space will totally be useful. I like what the did there. Kind of like the Roccbox where the flame is tucked in the back so you don't lose space. I have their Roccbox and absolutely love it. Takes a little getting used to but it a solid portable oven. Well, kind of heavy but it's built solid so I don't mind it. Bought the mantel for it also. So helpful.

Heres how the Roccbox flame is set. Same concept except its on the side on the new Dome. Good move.

JhocCizl.jpg

@itsdone
Your right, it is alot of money for a cooker than wont do an 18" pizza. There's a commercial manufacturer by the name of Avantco that has that covered with their 18-S model for under $600.00. It's 120V ~1700 watts, will do an 18" pie and the replacement parts are dirt cheap and readily available to keep it running.
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/av...SYjVfIlbaNFfjZDVO4pv98HWp3RuvySIaAhhWEALw_wcB[/QUOTE]

Oh and I hardly know anyone that makes 18" pizzas at home. Actually I don't know anyone. That's more a commercial territory.

I've only seen a few places in my life that serve larger than 16"....but not something you commonly see.

C

Yup! 16 is max I've done at home but mostly they range from 12-14"

As far as pizzerias, 18"+ very common around here. Then again we have a million pizza shops. The biggest available here is 36" lol. I've actually had it a few times at parties.

big-size-pizzas.jpg

Cayenne the Gozney FB group has some info and pics that apparently the mothership had on their website at once point indicating Marth 6th would be the release date. That is no longer on the website at this point that I can find so?

I'm going to email them and ask, but here's a link to an article with more info:
https://pizzapreacher.com/gozney-ar...exs9I1vHX7c8gyfkkvyxfoeVXs9I8OAq2IZaz33MxLWTg

I used to make 20" shrimp, black olive and artichoke pizza with a garlic olive oil drizzle for Thursday night's special and people stood in line out in the cold to get one it really fed a family.

I find that article VERY intriguing. I marked out the footprint for the Dome in my outdoor kitchen, and it would have swallowed more of it up than I was willing to give it. But, this other one ??? :shocked:

I like the new design. If they're dropping the price too that means they're trying to stay competitive because the market is flooded with all sorts of new pizza making oven.

I like the new design. If they're dropping the price too that means they're trying to stay competitive because the market is flooded with all sorts of new pizza making oven.

There are footprints on the web from various websites that had info no longer up, Premier Grilling had the Arc XL priced at $899.00

So it's much more competitive with similar priced offerings if that holds true when it releases.

Arc. XL

There are footprints on the web from various websites that had info no longer up, Premier Grilling had the Arc XL priced at $899.00

So it's much more competitive with similar priced offerings if that holds true when it releases.

I wonder what the size of the Arc XL would be?

Think it will be larger than the Dome?

Cayenne did you watch this video? Thinking it's maybe the XL model.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GozneyDome...=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

It looks bigger, maybe not as tall but wider and deeper than the current dome. Haven't found much more info and I think it's going to be 6-7 weeks before we will know, they had these displayed at trade shows with some pricing info and obviously have had to unwind that until it's ready to go to retail because reasons.

@itsdone
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/av...SYjVfIlbaNFfjZDVO4pv98HWp3RuvySIaAhhWEALw_wcB

I watched a youtube review of that pizza oven from some guy that is obsessed with making NY style pizza's and needless to say he ended up using his home oven with a pizza steel for better results.

I currently use a 3/8 16x16 pizza steel with great results, but i can only do 16" pie's which is ok, but its not the same as a 18" NY slice. Just doesn't have that same feel, lol.

C

I live in the Tri-State area, and just about every Pizza shop ( not Pizza chain ) makes 18" Pie's. I can get a slice for $2.50 and it is almost 1/2 the size of a large pizza from domino's or Pizza hut.

Back