It's National Pizza Day!

InThePitBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Bob
Got the Blackstone pizza oven fired up for some lunch.

Homemade hot Italian sausage with green pepper, black olives, mushrooms and red wine vinegar marinated red onions

B1pWQDel.jpg

And a shrimp with shaved garlic, some Old Bay seasoning and red wine vinegar marinated red onion with black olives and extra sauce.

HVikT0kl.jpg

What's in your pizza oven today, let's see 'em!

Looks killer Bob!

Don't know if I can do it today but I have dough cold fermenting for Detroit style pizza either tomorrow of for the big game Sunday.

Ah cool, didn't realize. I've been on a pizza bender recently and contemplating a new pizza oven. Got a pizza going on the egg tonight.

Both those look awesome!

I've had so much pizza over the past couple months tryin to figure out proper chicago tavern style, this weekend is actually the first weekend since early December that I haven't had doughs ready to go. oh well

I ran a small beef chuck roast through the grinder and added some garlic salt, fennel seed, olive oil and anise seed to make some beef sausage for my neighbors who won't eat pork.

Deluxe beef sausage with all the good stuff going in the oven.

e9oVnIZl.jpg

Found some nice boxes at the local Gordon Food Service to pack these in, I prefer square cut pizza but they like traditional slices so I oblige them.

lOLARaOl.jpg

Who's hungry? Lot's of dough and toppings left to share come on over!

Thanks for the kind words everyone, Sako got me looking in the right direction for a new pizza oven and this new Blackstone gets the credit for the pies it's a pizza making machine!

I ran a small beef chuck roast through the grinder and added some garlic salt, fennel seed, olive oil and anise seed to make some beef sausage for my neighbors who won't eat pork.

Deluxe beef sausage with all the good stuff going in the oven.

e9oVnIZl.jpg

Found some nice boxes at the local Gordon Food Service to pack these in, I prefer square cut pizza but they like traditional slices so I oblige them.

lOLARaOl.jpg

Who's hungry? Lot's of dough and toppings left to share come on over!

Looks delicious, Bob!
Unfortunately, my Blackstone is collecting dust. I need to get back to using it! :laugh:
I did find that the addition of a perforated foil pouch filled with pellets, added a nice smoky flavor to my food. Pizzas, steaks, salmon, flat breads, Hatch chile mac, pork chops, fish, shrimp, oysters...etc..
Hopefully my next oven will be a wood burner. I think I have most of the material to build one, just need more hours in the day!

Good to see ya posting again, Bob. :grin:

Back