Trying new Pizza Dough Recipe

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Trying some new pizza dough recipes to make a more gooder pizza. The recipe I tried tonight is below in the vid. The one main difference is I used the Bread/Pizza flour I get from sam's club and have on hand, vs 00. Gonna be trying 00 in my recipe soon. I've used 00 before, but not with much experimentation.

Kid wanted some of the leftover sausage, hotdogs and chicken from the other night so put that all on it :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfuROXTRXDY

Was pretty solid on the egg with a oven broil finish to get the top where I want it (looking at a dedicated pizza oven :biggrin1:). Crush tasted great.

Here's the other recipe I started today with the poolish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVOkXK-lq80

Lb2M6fNl.jpg

zpnOt0Xl.jpg

Qe3eoKql.jpg

zTF246Ul.jpg

olLvAsrl.jpg

J5XGQKMl.jpg

sNe3yu9l.jpg

bvFxwbKl.jpg

rJZzBbEl.jpg

Yes, sir! Always fun when little man helps out! Well, almost always :laugh:

I really need to bust out the pizza oven soon.

Not too shabby at all. Nive to see you're getting professional help from the little one!

Cheers!

Bill

If there is one thing I miss on this Keto diet, it's a good pizza with a crust like that. That looks perfect!

Can you imagine the warm memories that little guy is going to have when he gets older? I love to see that. You are letting him know how much he is loved without saying a word, and he is feeling it. Priceless!!!!

Thanks all. Looking forward to the poolish recipe. Honestly never heard of it before I started searching this week.

While I love my egg and its cooked many a pizza I am eyeing the Ooni Koda 16 :becky:.

I'll post the other dough results tonight

Thanks all. Looking forward to the poolish recipe. Honestly never heard of it before I started searching this week.

While I love my egg and its cooked many a pizza I am eyeing the Ooni Koda 16 :becky:.

I'll post the other dough results tonight

I have a Karu 12 but wish I had the koda 16, the 16" models weren't out yet when I bought. I like the neapolitan style pizza a lot, looks like little man does too!!! nice job

I have a Karu 12 but wish I had the koda 16, the 16" models weren't out yet when I bought. I like the neapolitan style pizza a lot, looks like little man does too!!! nice job

I've watched a bunch of the comparison videos on the Karu 16 and Koda 16. The only thing the Karu seems to maybe do a little better is that top heat since the flame really gets on top.

But I'd never use it for charcoal/wood and seems like it burns through more propane and costs more.

Anything you like more about the Koda 16 vs your Karu other than the larger size?

I've watched a bunch of the comparison videos on the Karu 16 and Koda 16. The only thing the Karu seems to maybe do a little better is that top heat since the flame really gets on top.

But I'd never use it for charcoal/wood and seems like it burns through more propane and costs more.

Anything you like more about the Koda 16 vs your Karu other than the larger size?

I have the gas adapter for my Karu also, my biggest gripe with the gas adapter is that it does not get nearly as hot as burning wood. for the most part the hottest I could get the gas up to was about 750*, with wood I was able to get it to 1100* without much work. the wood is a bit more work, gas just easier and the koda 16, iirc, has burners on two sides (back and left sides I think). honestly my complaint about the Karu was the additional work required with wood. I dont have experience with the Koda's so I dont know if they can get the bigger temps around 900+ degrees

I have the gas adapter for my Karu also, my biggest gripe with the gas adapter is that it does not get nearly as hot as burning wood. for the most part the hottest I could get the gas up to was about 750*, with wood I was able to get it to 1100* without much work. the wood is a bit more work, gas just easier and the koda 16, iirc, has burners on two sides (back and left sides I think). honestly my complaint about the Karu was the additional work required with wood. I dont have experience with the Koda's so I dont know if they can get the bigger temps around 900+ degrees

Gotcha.

Yeah all the videos I've seen on the Koda seem to validate what the 900'ish degrees Ooni says it can get to.

I'm gonna wait to pull the trigger until I run some more of these dough tests through the egg/oven setup. Egg makes a great pizza, but you gotta keep the stone temp lower to evenly cook it without burning the crust and top is still not finished.

So I simply turn the broiler on in my oven, put the pizza on a screen after comes off the egg and under the broiler.

Nice pies Jason! Are you on some kind of new pizza diet?? The airyness of those first crusts is crazy! You pizza guys got me thinking pizza tonight.

Thanks for the dough recipes Jason! Your pizza crust looks great! I believe the reason they are different is because the poolish breaks down the structure more than the overnight ferment.

Thanks for the dough recipes Jason! Your pizza crust looks great! I believe the reason they are different is because a poolish breaks down the structure of the flour more than the overnight ferment. I love the flavor that you get when making bread from them both.

Thanks for the dough recipes Jason! Your pizza crust looks great! I believe the reason they are different is because a poolish breaks down the structure of the flour more than the overnight ferment. I love the flavor that you get when making bread from them both.

Thanks. I did stretch it out a little more too. When I looked at that 1st pizza it wasn't the full 18inches on that peel and the raw crust was a little thicker. But it certainly was a different recipe.

Tonight I'll trying another of that poolish recipe that has now been resting the fridge for a day and I'll bring it out a few hours before cooking. So we'll see how that day of fridge fermenting goes.

Making some bacon right now to put on top :-D

Back