Gozney Dome pizza oven owners, help me spend some money!

You should get a 16" pizza screen. This way you can make a 16 inch pie that you can just shape on the screen and put onto the stone.

I wonder if Ace stocks Fugazzi brand pizza screens on clearance next to the ovens?

When I started looking at ovens the Gozney Dome really seemed like the best made option out there short of maybe importing a full on Zio Ciro from Italy.

More I thought about it, much as I enjoy setting something on fire with wood what's really the point for pizza? Once the preheat is done, the cook itself is a few minutes and it's over.

It's funny because I went through same thought process as you. I was looking hard at the Zio Ciro, but yeah stoking wood fire for a 60 second pizza just didn't seem worth it.

My two regrets are not paying more attention to footprint and ability to store in garage like you mentioned. The Dome is way too heavy for that.

Keep slinging those pies!

It's funny because I went through same thought process as you. I was looking hard at the Zio Ciro, but yeah stoking wood fire for a 60 second pizza just didn't seem worth it.

My two regrets are not paying more attention to footprint and ability to store in garage like you mentioned. The Dome is way too heavy for that.

Keep slinging those pies!

At 140 pounds this oven rolls easy, good thing at this point I have a 2 week old new hip so I'm hobbling around with a cane in one hand and a loaded pizza peel in the other lol!

Have you seen the Subito Cotto 100 from Zio Ciro? That oven at 40" wide makes sense to run with wood, normal 16" splits run through the kindling cracker and you'd be in pizza making heaven an hour later when it get's to temp.

I do a couple big summer parties and football season cooks still, thinking about one of those set up in a new trailer with a pizza prep refrigerated table and wash sink etc.

We'd have a great time in the fall for football tailgating parties with it and the oven would keep the trailer warm.

Input like this is why I love this place!

When I started looking at ovens the Gozney Dome really seemed like the best made option out there short of maybe importing a full on Zio Ciro from Italy.

More I thought about it, much as I enjoy setting something on fire with wood what's really the point for pizza? Once the preheat is done, the cook itself is a few minutes and it's over.

I'm not really into Neo style pizza at all, and after Sako and the guys here educated me on the Blackstone it was a no brainer. This thing comes out of the garage and ten minutes later it's well into the 650* range ready to cook the first pizza with the gas regulator dialed back two turns and the burner control set in the medium range.

I don't think anything else made even comes close to the preheat speed of the Blackstone, it was a nice benefit you'd never know about unless you got to use one.

Plus the overall dimensions are just more user friendly than the other cookers on the market, 16" stone with lots of extra space on the sides and a nice mantel piece on the front to rest and slide the peel on.

Blackstone did a great job with the design and I can't imagine using anything else at this point.

POV of how easy it is to maneuver the peel into the oven and work with the pizza, this oven is a real joy to use and very versatile no matter the heat range or style of pizza you like to cook.

ZDJ1EJYl.jpg

So, are you still getting the Gozney or are you going to stick with the Blackstone? Sounds like the Blackstone is really scratching your itch.

@Robert

For cooking a pizza or two at the house I'm sticking with the Blackstone, nothing else compares to it for features and price especially if you can find one in stock at a Walmart location they are a few hundred dollars less and the only difference is it doesn't come with the peel and the piece of sheet metal that stores it on the side of the cart.

At 140 pounds this oven rolls easy, good thing at this point I have a 2 week old new hip so I'm hobbling around with a cane in one hand and a loaded pizza peel in the other lol!

Have you seen the Subito Cotto 100 from Zio Ciro? That oven at 40" wide makes sense to run with wood, normal 16" splits run through the kindling cracker and you'd be in pizza making heaven an hour later when it get's to temp.

I do a couple big summer parties and football season cooks still, thinking about one of those set up in a new trailer with a pizza prep refrigerated table and wash sink etc.

We'd have a great time in the fall for football tailgating parties with it and the oven would keep the trailer warm.

I was looking at the Subito Cotto 60 for awhile. Very slick. 100 looks even better for wood.

Then there was the obsession with Valoriani Baby 75, but way out of my price range. This guy is obsessed with pizza ovens and has fantastic review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlNLvoz0TXY

@charcoalwilly

That Valoriani Baby 75 with the Striscia Mosaic tiles would be a real showpiece, I'm thinking you need a reason to cook 4 pizzas or more to get into the wood burning end of things, that video is so cool!

wow

I was looking at the Subito Cotto 60 for awhile. Very slick. 100 looks even better for wood.

Then there was the obsession with Valoriani Baby 75, but way out of my price range. This guy is obsessed with pizza ovens and has fantastic review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlNLvoz0TXY

Wholly crap on a cracker....that's amazing!!

I hate to say that was starting to get on my "me want" list...
But then it said the largest pizza you can fit through the front hole is only 13".

For that kinda money...I gotta be able to get a 16" in there....

Whew...just saved ME some money!!

Hahaha...

cayenne

Wholly crap on a cracker....that's amazing!!

I hate to say that was starting to get on my "me want" list...
But then it said the largest pizza you can fit through the front hole is only 13".

For that kinda money...I gotta be able to get a 16" in there....

Whew...just saved ME some money!!

Hahaha...

cayenne
The Subito Cotto 80 is what you seek, 16.9" opening! Pretty cool first pizza cook video I found on YT:
https://youtu.be/PX4hZ-KGWTs

Cool story bro! Ace doesn't carry the Blackstone oven. Griddles yes but not the pizza oven. Oh and it's 16" not 14"

SzrfEjvt.png

I wish i took a pic of the tag. And yes, this ACE had one. It was an ACE in a mall called Country Junction.

@Robert

For cooking a pizza or two at the house I'm sticking with the Blackstone, nothing else compares to it for features and price especially if you can find one in stock at a Walmart location they are a few hundred dollars less and the only difference is it doesn't come with the peel and the piece of sheet metal that stores it on the side of the cart.

Yup!

My friend who I referenced earlier in the post admittedly bought the Gozney Dome purely for aesthetics. His wife overheard us discussing Blackstone and walked over. I guess he never told her about the Blackstone "option" so she goes "Why the hell didn't you get the Blackstone then?" :laugh:

My brother has an Italian made wood pizza oven and honestly at the high temps both wood and gas burn, you can barely notice the difference if at all. Both heat sources heat up the stones so much that you get the smoky taste from the dough hitting the hot surfaces regardless of fuel type.

Yup!

My friend who I referenced earlier in the post admittedly bought the Gozney Dome purely for aesthetics. His wife overheard us discussing Blackstone and walked over. I guess he never told her about the Blackstone "option" so she goes "Why the hell didn't you get the Blackstone then?" :laugh:

My brother has an Italian made wood pizza oven and honestly at the high temps both wood and gas burn, you can barely notice the difference if at all. Both heat sources heat up the stones so much that you get the smoky taste from the dough hitting the hot surfaces regardless of fuel type.

Do the older BS ovens have the mantel piece lip on the front? I'm finding that really nice to have on this, great place to peel the pizza and slide it out to rest on the edge for a look see when you near the end of the cook.

Made some nice fennel and anise sausage and added some green pepper, olives and mushrooms with red wine vinegar marinated red onions to a nice crispy thin crust for lunch today.

l7y4vBdl.jpg

The older ones don't have the mantel Bob. You're killing it with the BS oven and making me hungry while you're at it. :grin:

The older ones don't have the mantel Bob. You're killing it with the BS oven and making me hungry while you're at it. :grin:

I love that mantel piece, use it every time I cook a pizza I seriously appreciate you educating me on it we're really enjoying it!

The Walmart version around here is hard to find in stock, headed out in a few minutes to pick up another one for the lake it's an hour away but well worth the drive.

I've got left over toppings to bake more pizza today, made sourdough starter that's ready to use and have dough ready with the ingredients to make a nice baked fontina artichoke dip for sourdough breadsticks to go with it.

Come eat, your welcome anytime!

I love that mantel piece, use it every time I cook a pizza I seriously appreciate you educating me on it we're really enjoying it!

The Walmart version around here is hard to find in stock, headed out in a few minutes to pick up another one for the lake it's an hour away but well worth the drive.

I've got left over toppings to bake more pizza today, made sourdough starter that's ready to use and have dough ready with the ingredients to make a nice baked fontina artichoke dip for sourdough breadsticks to go with it.

Come eat, your welcome anytime!

Sounds delicious and would loved to. :thumb:

Just checked my wally world app and it was alwasy a free 3 day shipping to the house. Lo and behold they now stock it at the wally world I frequent about 25 miles from my house (Not too many wally worlds in the L.A. area) That means if they don't sell them enough at that store they will discount it. :clap2: I got a 28" Blackstone griddle for $50 there once. :mrgreen:

Back