Gozney Dome pizza oven owners, help me spend some money!

I really wanted the Gozney Dome but they were having a ton of issues when it was released, I instead purchased the Halo. I grew up in NY so all I make is a NY style pie for which the Halo does a great job, the only issue is the quality is suspect. When I got the oven the turn table switch never worked, it left the table on all the time so I could deal with that, after a few cooks the turn table motor quit. Halo replaced it under warranty no problem & I replaced the switch with a better one but every time I use the oven now it’s in the back of my head. Hopefully the issues are taken care of but even though it’s a great oven I can’t recommend it without the caveats.

Attachments

• PXL_20220324_220646967_Original.jpg
    PXL_20220324_220646967_Original.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 120
There are footprints on the web from various websites that had info no longer up, Premier Grilling had the Arc XL priced at $899.00

So it's much more competitive with similar priced offerings if that holds true when it releases.

I had that wrong, the XL is supposed to be $799.00.

Reading over some discussions about the Arc from people who saw them at tradeshows and word is the standard model is 14" opening and the XL is going to be a 16" opening and weight is reduced by about half from the original dome model.

eU90xqQl.jpg

You’ve got me interested Bob. I want something new for the house. Liking the gozney. I spent $700+ for the roccbox with the accessories

You’ve got me interested Bob. I want something new for the house. Liking the gozney. I spent $700+ for the roccbox with the accessories

I think their S1 Dome is going to become a thing of the past in a real hurry if that XL can be had for $799.00. I have a link to Gozney that will get an additional 10% off if ordered directly through them.

I like the gas burner being up off the floor area on the sidewall, to me it's a big improvement over the burner hole in the stone floor and if you watch the video that floor looks like it's all one seamless piece with nice tapered sides to the lower opening with a built in mantel.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GozneyDome...=web3xcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

Guess now we just wait and see for the release of it on March 6th, I'm in for one when they are available.

Last edited:
So I have another 9 weeks or so before I go back to work, had hip surgery when I started looking for a pizza oven and really wanted to cook on something before the Gozney release.

Went and got a Blackstone to use in the interim and I have to agree with the members here that recommend it this is one fantastic pizza oven and it preheats in half the time of anything else out there. It's 30* here today with a North wind and this cooker went from off to cooking the first pizza in 10 minutes!

It comes with an adjustable gas regulator which is a big help the btu capacity of this thing is off the chart for making 60 second Neapolitans but 2 full turns of the regulator and you can bake fantastic Tavern style pizzas in about 4 minutes and it browns big chunks of sausage easily in that time.

The 16" stone get's flame coming up over the outside right edge so 14" pizzas are about what you can get away with without the flame burning the outside edge of the crust no matter how low you set it but that aside there's no real learning curve with it and it makes outstanding pizza.

Thanks to you guys that recommended it! ~We'll see what that Gozney is all about when it comes time.

fdQdJ7Ql.jpg

R4aSxxgl.jpg

c6VZzXVl.jpg

0AyYThil.jpg

Last edited:
Really nice, Bob! Looks delicious!

Hi Jeanie! I got the wood stove going, a cold beer and a pizza coma going on after all that lol! I haven't made pizza in a very long time and it's nice to have it at home the way I like it again.

I hope that you and yours are well, always a pleasure to hear from you!

Hi Jeanie! I got the wood stove going, a cold beer and a pizza coma going on after all that lol! I haven't made pizza in a very long time and it's nice to have it at home the way I like it again.

I hope that you and yours are well, always a pleasure to hear from you!
Great to see you, Bob! Sounds like a perfect day!
I'm doing great, keepin' busy. lol Hope all is well with you and family! :-D

Looking good Bob!

Play around with it a few times and you'll dial here in.

This oven is amazing, I keep it on low for first 2 minutes of the cook after preheat, then dial it out all the way to get a good hot cook on the toppings. A quick scoop and lift upwards (this new model has an upper stone) get's that finish broiling of the cheese and toppings for the last 20 seconds of the bake to finish it perfectly.

The bottom stone get's VERY hot even on low, I cut back the olive oil 50% in my dough recipe and it comes out perfect. It's easy to use and I really like it, can't wait to make some wings with it like you do!

This oven is amazing, I keep it on low for first 2 minutes of the cook after preheat, then dial it out all the way to get a good hot cook on the toppings. A quick scoop and lift upwards (this new model has an upper stone) get's that finish broiling of the cheese and toppings for the last 20 seconds of the bake to finish it perfectly.

The bottom stone get's VERY hot even on low, I cut back the olive oil 50% in my dough recipe and it comes out perfect. It's easy to use and I really like it, can't wait to make some wings with it like you do!

Nice! The top stone makes a world of a difference. Perfect for the final char before pulling out the pizza, broiling, searing.. The old ones have dual stones also.

Saw the email from Gozney today, that oven is going to sell well for them but you couldn't get this new Blackstone away from me for anything lol!

I love tavern style / Chicago thin crust pizza and with some experimenting I got the Blackstone to cook exactly how I prefer my pizzas to bake with my old tried and true dough recipe the rotating stone really cooks the pizza evenly.

Some half and half Hawaiians from yesterday:

IjcY9Yul.jpg

01QUNgzl.jpg

2HPcfURl.jpg

uDfHP4xl.jpg

I seen a Blackstone pizza oven on clearance at a local ACE for $350, came with a stand. MSRP was $899. I was about to jump on it till i read 14", lol, no thanks.

Chiming in late, but looks like you are happy with the Blackstone.

For what it's worth, I am bit underwhelmed by Gozney Dome. If I could do it over again, I would have bought the gas-only Ooni Koda 16 and added a Saputo stone. The results for Neapolitan style pizza are roughly the same on the two ovens. Koda has much smaller footprint than Dome and is super efficient.

When you look at Gozney's marketing pitch, the added value of the Dome is for cooking food other than pizza such as roasting meats or wings due to the roomy interior. Well that's what I have all of my BBQ grills and smokers for! Also, I never use the wood option. Gas so much easier.

Hell, if I'm being honest, my pies on pizza steel in oven are pretty damn good and Detroit style far easier in oven than in outdoor Gozney Dome. Too bad my oven broke down for 9 months or I wouldn't have been sucked into buying the Dome!

Enjoy the Blackstone

I seen a Blackstone pizza oven on clearance at a local ACE for $350, came with a stand. MSRP was $899. I was about to jump on it till i read 14", lol, no thanks.

Cool story bro! Ace doesn't carry the Blackstone oven. Griddles yes but not the pizza oven. Oh and it's 16" not 14"

SzrfEjvt.png

Chiming in late, but looks like you are happy with the Blackstone.

For what it's worth, I am bit underwhelmed by Gozney Dome. If I could do it over again, I would have bought the gas-only Ooni Koda 16 and added a Saputo stone. The results for Neapolitan style pizza are roughly the same on the two ovens. Koda has much smaller footprint than Dome and is super efficient.

When you look at Gozney's marketing pitch, the added value of the Dome is for cooking food other than pizza such as roasting meats or wings due to the roomy interior. Well that's what I have all of my BBQ grills and smokers for! Also, I never use the wood option. Gas so much easier.

Hell, if I'm being honest, my pies on pizza steel in oven are pretty damn good and Detroit style far easier in oven than in outdoor Gozney Dome. Too bad my oven broke down for 9 months or I wouldn't have been sucked into buying the Dome!

Enjoy the Blackstone
Input like this is why I love this place!

When I started looking at ovens the Gozney Dome really seemed like the best made option out there short of maybe importing a full on Zio Ciro from Italy.

More I thought about it, much as I enjoy setting something on fire with wood what's really the point for pizza? Once the preheat is done, the cook itself is a few minutes and it's over.

I'm not really into Neo style pizza at all, and after Sako and the guys here educated me on the Blackstone it was a no brainer. This thing comes out of the garage and ten minutes later it's well into the 650* range ready to cook the first pizza with the gas regulator dialed back two turns and the burner control set in the medium range.

I don't think anything else made even comes close to the preheat speed of the Blackstone, it was a nice benefit you'd never know about unless you got to use one.

Plus the overall dimensions are just more user friendly than the other cookers on the market, 16" stone with lots of extra space on the sides and a nice mantel piece on the front to rest and slide the peel on.

Blackstone did a great job with the design and I can't imagine using anything else at this point.

POV of how easy it is to maneuver the peel into the oven and work with the pizza, this oven is a real joy to use and very versatile no matter the heat range or style of pizza you like to cook.

ZDJ1EJYl.jpg

So I have another 9 weeks or so before I go back to work, had hip surgery when I started looking for a pizza oven and really wanted to cook on something before the Gozney release.

Went and got a Blackstone to use in the interim and I have to agree with the members here that recommend it this is one fantastic pizza oven and it preheats in half the time of anything else out there. It's 30* here today with a North wind and this cooker went from off to cooking the first pizza in 10 minutes!

It comes with an adjustable gas regulator which is a big help the btu capacity of this thing is off the chart for making 60 second Neapolitans but 2 full turns of the regulator and you can bake fantastic Tavern style pizzas in about 4 minutes and it browns big chunks of sausage easily in that time.

The 16" stone get's flame coming up over the outside right edge so 14" pizzas are about what you can get away with without the flame burning the outside edge of the crust no matter how low you set it but that aside there's no real learning curve with it and it makes outstanding pizza.

Thanks to you guys that recommended it! ~We'll see what that Gozney is all about when it comes time.

fdQdJ7Ql.jpg

R4aSxxgl.jpg

c6VZzXVl.jpg

0AyYThil.jpg

You should get a 16" pizza screen. This way you can make a 16 inch pie that you can just shape on the screen and put onto the stone.

Back