Catfish n Frog Legs

Gee whiz I come in from raking hay to get a drink and find this.... now I'm thinking of heading down to the pond to see if the bullfrogs are as hungry as I am. :mrgreen:

Awesome cook as always Jeanie!

Thanks Norm, good to see ya! You do need to take a break and catch a few bullfrogs. :mrgreen: It's nice that you can catch your own. :thumb:

How did you do, Jeanie?? Catch any??
Thanks, I did great Mrtodd!! ....and it was a beautiful night. Caught 6 catfish...not a lot but enough for me. :mrgreen:
Hope you had great luck with your cook, I'm looking forward to your pics!

Great pix of great grub Jeanie! Catfish has a very special place in my heart and I ain't had frog legs since I can't remember when. And fried food...yeah...:bounce:

And there's that polygamy word again...still trying to figure out how to make that happen...:twisted:

Great pix of great grub Jeanie! Catfish has a very special place in my heart and I ain't had frog legs since I can't remember when. And fried food...yeah...:bounce:

And there's that polygamy word again...still trying to figure out how to make that happen...:twisted:

:laugh::laugh: I still haven't figured that polymagy deal out. What man would want more than one "Honey-Do" list? :becky:
On the other hand.... it might work out well for a woman. I'd let one of the other wives do the laundry and dishes. lol
I'd share this catfish and legs with you if you lived closer. Better yet, I'd trade for what ever you're eating today. I'm sure you're tasting some awesome food over there!! Hope you're having a safe trip. Thanks Greg.. :hug:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
:laugh::laugh: I still haven't figured that polymagy deal out. What man would want more than one "Honey-Do" list? :becky:
On the other hand.... it might work out well for a woman. I'd let one of the other wives do the laundry and dishes. lol
I'd share this catfish and legs with you if you lived closer. Better yet, I'd trade for what ever you're eating today. I'm sure you're tasting some awesome food over there!! Hope you're having a safe trip. Thanks Greg.. :hug:

You would have loved what I had for dinner tonite! One of my Amsterdam bros is an amazing pizza chef and cooked me a prosciutto and buffalo mozzarella pizza at his restaurant. Farking amazing! Get on out here!

You would have loved what I had for dinner tonite! One of my Amsterdam bros is an amazing pizza chef and cooked me a prosciutto and buffalo mozzarella pizza at his restaurant. Farking amazing! Get on out here!

Dang Greg that does sound amazing!! Your friend has his own restaurant? Nice... You've got it made!! Hope you're taking pics of all this good food. Better yet, bring some home in your luggage. lol
Someday.... I'm going to meet you at Phu's. :becky:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Every time you post something, I can't wait to read it. Super job, but I'm still dreaming about the breakfast you made last week.

Aside from the over cooked fried frog legs at a local chinese buffet, Its been awhile since i made a frog leg dish. If you like chicken marsala, you would love frog marsala. Frog also goes well as a Alfredo dish. You want to do a traditional braise for these dishes.

Also for fun, buffalo frog wings. Dont seperate the legs. Dredge them in flour still intact and deep fry. Buffalo wings that actually look like wings..lol

There F'n good too.

Every time you post something, I can't wait to read it. Super job, but I'm still dreaming about the breakfast you made last week.
Thank you T&S! :becky:

WareZdaBeef the marsala sounds tasty! Yeah.. I usually don't separate the legs but these were bigger than I usually get. :)

cowgirl, If you do decide to try the marsala, marinate the legs in milk & cornstarch. This will mellow out the creek (crick) water taste and also tenderize as will the cornstarch. It also serves as a batter to hold the flour dredge. Like tempura, but most of that will soften as you braise them in marsala wine.

Oops, forgot to mention to deep fry for 1-2 min to let the batter set before adding to the braise.

cowgirl, If you do decide to try the marsala, marinate the legs in milk & cornstarch. This will mellow out the creek (crick) water taste and also tenderize as will the cornstarch. It also serves as a batter to hold the flour dredge. Like tempura, but most of that will soften as you braise them in marsala wine.

Oops, forgot to mention to deep fry for 1-2 min to let the batter set before adding to the braise.

Thanks for the tips! :thumb:

Back