Bacon Wrapped Belly, Marrow and a Sip

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
Just some snacks.

I made a parsley salad to go with the beef marrow...
Parsley, garlic, lemon juice, scallion tops, onion, capers, .

L1qutoF.jpg

olive oil, smoked SPOG....

FI1zQIK.jpg

pJn9WAc.jpg

Gave the bones a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of the smoked SPOG.

cPecPGL.jpg

onto the hot coals...

ZB9NyEf.jpg

cubed up some pork belly from a previous cook..

VWhRG5N.jpg

nvEJtJX.jpg

wrapped in home canned bacon...

L3otyUt.jpg

6dBm1Pv.jpg

e8cfFe0.jpg

Added a few crab legs...

bwrO68Q.jpg

P8pynuI.jpg

I made a brown sugar, cayenne, whisky spritz glaze for some of the belly..

jXGtsL6.jpg

u6HbzDA.jpg

3ksLTwQ.jpg

YAawlbr.jpg

gmXOU5Z.jpg

ccYdjFJ.jpg

I kept an eye on the bones, the legs and belly didn't take long.
Grilled some bread and supper was ready.

NdSorVT.jpg

l1691LK.jpg

gDq9J0j.jpg

The brown sugar cayenne whisky glazed belly...

Sgncxli.jpg

Had to have a bite of the belly first...

hCwL3fm.jpg

ID4i78a.jpg

I've made bacon wrapped bacon before and it's one of my favorites. The belly was similar.

GT7HuPv.jpg

Marrow has to be one of my favorites too. With the bacon wrapped belly, crab, and about a two finger sip of Crown... it made for a relaxing meal. :-D

Thanks for lookin'!

Now, that's fancy. Sometimes I think I'm jealous of the great photo work you (and others) do on this forum, but when I think about how much work that is, the jealousy goes away...

:-D

I've never seen a jar of bacon, it sure got me to go to your site to see what the heck you did. Thanks for that. Was it just a matter of you happened to have jars and happened to have bacon, or is it better somehow than vac-sealed?
As always, the food looks great - the jar of bacon just really grabbed my attention.

Thanks friends! It was a nice evening. Finger food and relaxing.

I've never seen a jar of bacon, it sure got me to go to your site to see what the heck you did. Thanks for that. Was it just a matter of you happened to have jars and happened to have bacon, or is it better somehow than vac-sealed?
As always, the food looks great - the jar of bacon just really grabbed my attention.

Thanks! I like to have bacon on hand. It's more of a convenience food for me. It takes a minute to heat up. I live in the middle of nowhere, so having shelf stable food is a plus for me too. It will keep on the shelf (unopened) for at least 5 years.

edited to add.. link to the canned bacon. https://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2019/11/canning-bacon.html

Back