Chicken Chips (Chicharrones)

40MVnG0.jpg
That right there is a thing of beauty! :clap:

Did some pressure canning recently. I fill the quart jars half full of chicken and top it off with the stock. The ratio works out well for me for making a quick meal like chicken and noodles,( chicken and rice, tortilla soup,) etc.. Pretty much pour the jar contents into a pot to heat, add noodles and supper is ready.

hlEK5bk.jpg

NhQt0JL.jpg

76mY5OG.jpg

Sip9ECh.jpg

RO1KdFq.jpg

I dry the skins, heat up a skillet of lard and fry them til crisp.

xy4wQtz.jpg

rk00D7x.jpg

GfGtZO7.jpg

HcWSN3s.jpg

z0m2I6i.jpg

Seasoned with some of my smoked SPOG blend.

nUQ3jq3.jpg

Built a meat, onion, black bean, pepper, cotija cheese dip..

IV0l9Vy.jpg

made several layers..

fCme0Wx.jpg

emaXHQw.jpg

topped with salvadorian sour cream...home made salsa... and called er good.

NzC37Rl.jpg

spooned the "dip" onto the chicharrones, and washed it down with a cold beer.

b8DNrIH.jpg

0MulCMj.jpg

40MVnG0.jpg

I'm pretty sure I like these better than pork chicharrones. :-D

It wasn't fancy but I enjoyed the meal!
Thanks for looking!
Pressure canning. I know nothing about canning but it sure looks good.
Chichrones! That dip looks amazing and pretty darn fancy to me.
Great work.
Thanks for posting!
JD

Well now, that can't possibly be good for you!! I remember someone saying you should not eat the skin on your fried chicken.
Now for the reality of this situation, damn that looks good, you ought to see me get all the crispy off a wing tip.
Real Good!
Ed

Never thought of using chicken skins to make pork...i mean chicken rinds. This would have came in handy when Aldi had chicken quarters on sale for 40 cents a pound. I bought like 40 pounds and ended up throwing away the skins and kept the bones for chicken stock.

Pressure canning. I know nothing about canning but it sure looks good.
Chichrones! That dip looks amazing and pretty darn fancy to me.
Great work.
Thanks for posting!
JD

Thank you JD! :-D

Well now, that can't possibly be good for you!! I remember someone saying you should not eat the skin on your fried chicken.
Now for the reality of this situation, damn that looks good, you ought to see me get all the crispy off a wing tip.
Real Good!
Ed
My favorite part of fried chicken is the skin. lol Thanks Ed! :-D

As usual OUTSTANDING That is a good bowl of comfort food and those Chips and Dip looks amazing

Thanks so much George! :-D

Never thought of using chicken skins to make pork...i mean chicken rinds. This would have came in handy when Aldi had chicken quarters on sale for 40 cents a pound. I bought like 40 pounds and ended up throwing away the skins and kept the bones for chicken stock.

I like to bag the skin and toss it into the freezer when I don't have time to mess with it. Just fry it later. :-D

Back