THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The messed up thing is now I have to buy the cover for it... which is going to cost more than half what I spent on the oven!

The messed up thing is now I have to buy the cover for it... which is going to cost more than half what I spent on the oven!

I feel no sympathy for you, sorry. :p

You scored a great deal, and getting the cover was a wise move! :thumb:

So are you joining the posse or what?

Thanks for the heads up. Best I could find locally was $174 which I thought was still pretty good so I pulled the trigger.

The wife was ok with it but said the first pizza had to be gluten free :eek:hwell:

I also want to throw a shout out to ETOH. I too was a victim of his generosity. I had been eyeing this oven for about a year, but never could pull the trigger at the full price. Brian was gracious enough to spend the time on the phone making the deal happen and even though there was initially some reluctance from the customer service rep, he made the deal happen. Thank you Brian for helping me and many others. Truly a generous effort on your part.

Thanks once again,

Robert

My wife bought a blackstone pizza oven last year for father's day. I think she tricked me into getting a lot of pizza for herself. I love the thing. I use it at least twice a month on the weekends. Sometimes it's every weekend. I've learned to make my own sauce and finally found the dough recipe and flour that works best for our tastes.

Okay, time to fess up. Yesterday afternoon I got this oven price matched at Home Depot Online for $87.25. I'm only now telling about this, because only now was I able to confirm the discount given online on my invoice. I went through Home Depot using the online chat, and the third representative I talked to was able to give me the price match. The Lowe's I price matched is in Halfmoon, NY and they show an inventory of 2 units at $87.25 a pop. When I spoke with the CS rep, they wanted to know my zip so they can go on Lowe's to confirm pricing. I told the rep that the closest Lowe's didn't have it in stock so I would have to drive a few towns over to pick it up (in reality it's about 2.5 hour drive). The rep was shocked in the difference in price and she told me "we can do this price match this one time". So for those of you still trying to make this work... it can be done you just need to be patient and persistent.

Damn, I just tried this and the HD chat rep called the Halfmoon store and they told them it's on clearance, so HD would not price match.

Just ordered from Overstock....$42.73 shipped...it was on sale today...Brian, why don't you call your friends at HD and see if they'll match it? :biggrin1:

I saw this when I was doing a quick search last night. I noticed it didn't say it was for he Blackstone Pizza Oven, only said the Blackstone Oven... wasn't sure if they made a straight up oven

Just ordered from Overstock....$42.73 shipped...it was on sale today...Brian, why don't you call your friends at HD and see if they'll match it? :biggrin1:

Keith, I think I will just crawl back under my bridge until HD corporate forgets my name :heh:

Sweet buys. No luck with HD chat... I was told by two HD chat reps that they have had meetings about this specific item.

That is just funny, well done brethren! We got home depot to have a meeting. :boxing:
Federalist2266, sorry you weren't able to get in on the deal.

I saw this when I was doing a quick search last night. I noticed it didn't say it was for he Blackstone Pizza Oven, only said the Blackstone Oven... wasn't sure if they made a straight up oven

Unless you saw a different one, this one says Patio Oven, which is the Blackstone name for what we are calling the pizza oven.

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garde...efccid=TM3JXIJ2AGDJD2CAUGBY3PRTU4&searchidx=6

It is the right cover. At least it looks just like mine.

Picked mine up today. Turns out it was a floor model so they took another 10% off :icon_shy

Saved me some assembly time and got it up and running to confirm 800 degrees at the stone before shutting her down :clap2:

Keith, I think I will just crawl back under my bridge until HD corporate forgets my name :heh:

That is just funny, well done brethren! We got home depot to have a meeting. :boxing:
Federalist2266, sorry you weren't able to get in on the deal.

No worries. I'm glad it worked out for so many brethren! The Blackstone is well worth the normal asking price, so I'll just pay full-freight.

Back