THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I use this cover on my blackstone:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DRN4IT6/"]Amazon.com : Premium Heavy Gauge Barbeque Grill Cover 24" x 58" : Outdoor Grill Covers : Patio, Lawn & Garden@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41m1j5b%2BUIL.@@AMEPARAM@@41m1j5b%2BUIL[/ame]

It works really well.

Where in SoCal did you score it at?? They're virtually out of stock.

According to their website, Lowes in Irvine has 2 left. 13300 Jamboree Road Irvine. Also the one in Huntington Beach on Warner has 1 left. Order online and choose store pickup then enter zip 92626 to show stores mentioned above.

Well I pulled the trigger. My Lowes had the Blackstone Pizza Oven for $174 and because of the Brethern advise I also got the Weber Kettle Cover I am lazy and because of the amount of snow and ice on the driveway I am going to let Lowes deliver it to me Will have to wait till the snow and ice is off the patio to use it Also need to get some pans, peels and cutter

Well I pulled the trigger. My Lowes had the Blackstone Pizza Oven for $174 and because of the Brethern advise I also got the Weber Kettle Cover I am lazy and because of the amount of snow and ice on the driveway I am going to let Lowes deliver it to me Will have to wait till the snow and ice is off the patio to use it Also need to get some pans, peels and cutter

Congrats George! I heehawed around too long, now the local floor model for $100 is gone lol. Going to keep an eye on the East York store, they still have 6 at $250 each.

Finally I got around to putting this thing together. It wasn't a long or hard process at all even doing it by myself. The stones both came unbroken and there wasn't anything damaged except maybe a nick here or there on the legs. I did have to straighten out the shaft to the tray as it was pretty crooked. I took off the stickers of the body and didn't bother with installing the shelves so it will be easier to store in my garage. Fired it up briefly to make sure the ignitor and the burner were working okay and they were. Today I'm going to remove the remaining adhesive from the stickers and then shop around for a pizza peel. Pretty nifty unit if you ask me.

It's awesome that the Brethren have gotten these terrific deals on the Blackstone! It's a pretty cool piece of kit. :mrgreen:

Suggestion on accessories: get two peels...a wood one for assembling and then launching pizza into the oven and a metal one for retrieving. Would also suggest getting a pizza screen. Once you remove the pizza from the oven, place it onto the screen to help keep the crust crisp. Get some semolina to help keep the dough from sticking to the wood peel. Finally, an IR thermometer to make sure your temps are consistent.

Happy pizza cooking!

Bruce

Lowes was supposed to deliver the Blackstone tomorrow They delivered it put together tonight Have to get a new cover as the one I got will not fit with the shelves on

Just picked up the last one at the Chicago store $100.00. Cant beat that. 2 more in Rockford just in case anyone is interested. Also, they are on clearance at the Home Depot for $300.00. However, what I have learned is if there is a "6" at the end of the clearance price that indicated the price should change or drop again in 6 weeks or less. And... if there is a 3 at the end of the price, that would indicate 3 weeks. Inside source informed me that 6 weeks from now in the Chicagoland area these units should be 75% off. $100.00. Keep your eyes pealed.

You won't believe this one...

....the "local" Lowe's had a floor model for $174.50. I checked other stores via the website and found one w/ the $87 price, showing 1 left. I called to verify and it couldn't be found. This became the norm- the few stores showing the $87 price either showed 0 in stock OR none could be verified.

So I increased my search radius just by clicking "nearby stores'....there were $175s, $299s, $349s...even a couple $399s!

By now I've searched CT, RI, MA, and parts of NH. Then I went west and saw $69.80 at the Kingston, NY store which showed 1 left. I spoke w/ the "patio/outdoor" guy and asked him for item #516736. He went to look and said yes, last one is a floor model. It looks complete. It's got the manual. I asked if it had the gas tank and he said no. I figured wth, I have 3 of them anyway, who cares. Road trip!

He said he wasn't supposed to hold it w/o payment, but would give me until 1 o'clock to get there. I said great.

70 miles later I introduce myself to him and he says "Got it right here" and I turn the corner and there sits a Blackstone Griddle. Faaaark!

Over the phone I had asked him for item 516736. There was no doubt about that. He apologized and checked the computer and said well, it shows 1 left and I didn't sell one today, so let me look. So we both look up and down the shelves in about 5 aisles 3-4x then he says, let me check out back.

So I figure wth, it's a crappy rainy 38-degree day, I wasn't gonna be doing anything else anyway. At least it was a nice ride in the country.

He goes out back and I wander to the front main row and check out the remaining wood and pellet stoves. Then I figure wtfark, may as well check the stuff that is stacked 20 feet high and up against the front wall and oh sweet mama! there it was by itself-next to a stack of the griddles- item #516736.

OTD w/a NIB pizza oven w/ 2-yr warranty extension for $88.31.

When I got to the car I learned it won't fit through the back door of a 97 Camry. It was raining pretty good and I didn't feel like unboxing it right there, so I sorta wedged into the trunk w/ the trunk lid pointing straight up and tied it down and limped home in the rain, going easy over the crapload of frost heaves.

During the drive I boiled it all down- I drove 90 extra miles (<$10 gas) and spent 3 more hours on the road to save $105.

Back