Aaron Franklin technique inspired bbq..In process

SSV3, how did you like having the FB door wide open the whole time. Did you notice any changes in temp fluctuation or wiod consumption?

Wow you have some really lucky friends! Great looking food!

SSV3, how did you like having the FB door wide open the whole time. Did you notice any changes in temp fluctuation or wiod consumption?

It wasn't wide open all the time pga. Only wide open when a I threw in a new split but mostly half open or cracked.

Great looking platter. What a feast! Sorry about the brisket. I'm sure it was great, but I know that feeling. After investing all that time, effort, and money, if it ain't completely perfect, it's ruined.

Thanks bro! They were in love when they had the brisket but it obviously rested way too long. With Prime or Wagyu briskets I rest them less than half hour. I probably should've pulled and kept it warm at low temps in the oven then back in the smoker or something but I had way too much going on. The flavor was on point though.

Oh ok. Then its the same as what have been doing. Thanks for clarifying. You are a dam good cook man.

Great spread SSV ! My $.02, I almost always run my Horizon with the FG door ajar just a bit like your first pit. Fire runs hot and clean, don't care about using just a bit more wood. Shoot, most videos I've seen Aaron Franklin run his little pits at home he runs 'em wide open and I've seen the big pits in the famous Central Texas BBQ joints don't even have door on those huge cookers. To each his own, works for me.

Great spread SSV ! My $.02, I almost always run my Horizon with the FG door ajar just a bit like your first pit. Fire runs hot and clean, don't care about using just a bit more wood. Shoot, most videos I've seen Aaron Franklin run his little pits at home he runs 'em wide open and I've seen the big pits in the famous Central Texas BBQ joints don't even have door on those huge cookers. To each his own, works for me.

I run mine wide open. Hell it ain't even got a damper. Only time I shut her a little bit is to deflect some wind. Most of the time. Open. Great cook!

Amen!

Can you please share the recipe for the potato salad? It looks amazing and I would like to try making it tonight if I have time.

Killer tato salad for sure. I make a mean potato salad but for how simple Aaron's recipe is.......this is a keeper for sure. Delicious can't describe it. I'm out now but I'll post it when I get home.

I run mine wide open. Hell it ain't even got a damper. Only time I shut her a little bit is to deflect some wind. Most of the time. Open. Great cook!

I've got a quality Texas made pit, Texas style Q, may as well go Texas cooking style fb open. :thumb: Absolutely love it.

Back