Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
Brisket and rib tips

4lSZSrNh.jpg

Finally tried the wagyu brisket from Costco

SW3pzXVh.jpg

Trimmed the 15lb-er aggressively with 3lbs of usable burger meat and only 2lbs of loss. Pretty impressive compared to the Costco primes

dFDfnWDh.jpg

Fired up the LSG vertical offset Saturday evening

SyYzGbCh.jpg

Hung the brisket

n4hbmTmh.jpg

Shut the door and let the smoke roll

7mUMDFth.jpg

Baked some white bread also

Yjb2frih.jpg

9Ura52Oh.jpg

Fast forward Sunday afternoon. Rib tips coming off the Yoder

PYVHDeeh.jpg

WH8qOaSh.jpg

But the brisket of course was the star :-D The brisket rested in the turkey roaster overnight at 150*

Y2kD9qNh.jpg

PMwT2Ueh.jpg

My first 12 hour rest

voqcbDFh.jpg

Y1NpZ6yh.jpg

cTAwSmCh.jpg

The point

F2o2iL0h.jpg

PTuYEhSh.jpg

The flat

mdW840Yh.jpg

yoJn56vh.jpg

Excuse the fine china :heh: Mashed truffle taters, cole slaws, salads, rice etc

STNL9SBh.jpg

After having a slice or two I decided to make a sammich. A roll with a slice of flat and a slice of point on a bed of slaw

PH4WC4yh.jpg

Pickled red onions and light sauce

qFdMWJPh.jpg

Thanks for looking! Hope everyone had a great mothers day. I'll definitely pick up the wagyu brisket from Costco again. Way more yield than the primes.

Looks killer per usual Sako!

We’ve got a Costco opening a couple miles from the house FINALLY!

Can’t wait to shop their meat!

Looks killer per usual Sako!

We’ve got a Costco opening a couple miles from the house FINALLY!

Can’t wait to shop their meat!

Thanks Jeremy!

There is definitely stuff that's good and stuff that is ok in their meat dept. I don't bother with their tri tips for example but I do like the CAB Prime briskets. If you ever see a Black Canyon choice briskets grab them. Anytime I see a Black Canyon brisket I don't even bother with the primes they sell unless it's a CAB prime. They regional offerings also differ so you may finds some awesome things in your area that I wouldn't be able to get over here for example.

Mamma Mia!

Nice spread. I’ll be fetching a Costco Bizness wagyu brisket soon, thanks for the intel.

And good to the LSG Chevy in action - like a rock!

I have been jonesin' for some brisket or dino ribs...perhaps mrs snadamo and I will have to take a trip down the road to costco.

Not to derail the thread, but a comment and a question:

-I have never seen a hanging brisket cook, but the results look amazing! That smoke ring looks unreal.

- How do you like your vertical offset? I like the space saving capability it provides. Only concern is me in this stupid chair for a while longer not being able to reach etc...but Im 6' 3" and got a long reach.

any sorry for being off-topic. Thanks for sharing. As always, amazing spread!

Thanks Greg!

Worth it for sure. That's the cheapest I've paid for a wagyu brisket. Way less waste than the primes too so it equals to just about the same price.

Mamma Mia!

Nice spread. I’ll be fetching a Costco Bizness wagyu brisket soon, thanks for the intel.

And good to the LSG Chevy in action - like a rock!

Thanks Adam!

Not derailing the thread at all. No real advantage of hanging the brisket but I usually do it to avoid any grill marks. I not only like a tasty brisket but a good lookin one. :biggrin1: Especially when I'm not cooking a bunch of food in there and have space to do so. I also put in a small aluminum disposable pan underneath to catch the drippings. When the smoker cools down I just toss the grease. I like keeping my smokers as clean as I can.

As for my LSG vertical offset, it stands about 6'2" at the top of the main chamber. Mine is on 5" casters so if you go 8" or oversized wheels then naturally it will go up a few more inches. Its got 6 shelves so you can probably reach the bottom few but they're 24" deep and you definitely will need help sliding them out for now. Wishing you a way quicker recover bud. Then all of the limited access is a dead issue. :thumb:

Here are a few pics of what I'm talking about. I ordered mine with the optional oven to the right of the main chamber and over the firebox.

Very detailed link I did on the smoker https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199899

fvmAxdcQL0z2t0yzee6vWf-RBqx9duZ9nRTUPVXevXQ=w745-h600-no

IMG_0466.jpg

I have been jonesin' for some brisket or dino ribs...perhaps mrs snadamo and I will have to take a trip down the road to costco.

-I have never seen a hanging brisket cook, but the results look amazing! That smoke ring looks unreal.

- How do you like your vertical offset? I like the space saving capability it provides. Only concern is me in this stupid chair for a while longer not being able to reach etc...but Im 6' 3" and got a long reach.

Sorry forgot to mention that I like it. I configured it where it's super versatile for many different functions. Small footprint but huge capacity and I needed something like that since I have so many other "bbq" toys.

Totally off the scale Sako. I think you might indeed be the God of Brisket. No kidding !

Cheers!

Bill

Oh my, hanging brisket has been around many years. If you're really curious Check this site for The PBC Appreciation Tread, The Oklahoma Joe's Bronco as well the WSM Owners who purchased hanging adapters. It was always fun when the inevitable Fat Cap Up or Fat Cap down question was asked and you're swinging meat to say- Fat Cap West.
ssv3 is/was a Pit Barrel conioseur/owner

#swingingmeatisatreat

Last edited:
Those rib brisket are a real treat. They've kind of disappeared on me as WALMARTS was the only place that carried them here on The High Plains. Last time I entered a Supercenter a mother and son were playing ring toss with the bananas.
Gristles, tips and irregular they make some of the best finger food.

Cheers to your family and a grand day

Amazing looking cook Sako!

Q: is the turkey roaster for holding briskets a new thing? I may have missed that. :oops:

If so, what do you think of the results of the prolonged hold time? Did that affect the bark at all?

Bruce

Back