2nd annual MAK Brethren Group Buy deal is almost here :)

Well guys, it’s 5pm and another great partnership with the Brethren has come to a close. Thank you, and congratulations to all of the new Brethren who joined the MAK Family this year. Those of you who bought in last year have proven to be some of the most knowledgeable and friendly customers that we’ve ever had and so, despite demand and lead times being high, we were only too happy to extend the offer again this year.

We sold 24 grills, and received dozens of inquiries. It was chaotic, but more fun than your average Tuesday! If you have unused coupon codes, you can be a hero and bump up the total to 25 to increase everyone's store credit! Codes won't expire to midnight tomorrow.

For anyone who was on the fence and is reading this with a feeling of regret right now, I've got good news. If you were given the coupon codes, I've set them to expire Sunday night. If you never inquired and received the codes, perhaps we'll run this again next year. If you have the codes, please don't share them publicly or I'll have to turn them off. On Monday we’ll see if anyone took advantage of this and after we know the final totals I’ll post again with details about the credit offer.

Thank you all again.

Happy cooking and welcome to the MAK Family!

Thanks, Bob. But I was expecting you to be much more sarcastic and ask “wth took you so long”!

Is there a general consensus on the best thing to buy with the store credit?

What, if anything did you already purchase with your MAK? You may have already shared this, but I can’t remember [emoji3061]

We have 24 heroes... Now we just need 1 Super Hero #25!

My first post #305 tells my story, but I purchased a MAK 2 Star General with Full Upper Grate and Grill Cover. I'm thinking about adding the MAK Mobile Wifi with the incentives. :grin:

I'm so happy to finally join the MAK family. Thanks again Robb, Caleb, MAK, and Brethren for making this all possible for everyone.

Last edited:
What, if anything did you already purchase with your MAK? You may have already shared this, but I can’t remember [emoji3061]

Cover
Full grate
3/4 grate (not sure if I should have gotten this one or gotten another full grate)

Lol, so nothing it didn’t come with, already.

I got the full upper rack included so my next item will be a cover and then the wifi.

Cover
Full grate
3/4 grate (not sure if I should have gotten this one or gotten another full grate)

Lol, so nothing it didn’t come with, already.

IMO, you have the “needs” taken care of... next is prioritizing the “wants”...

I love the lower front cabinet door because it give the MAK a finished look and allows you to easily hide your extra grates.

I use the WiFi on 100% of my cooks... love it!

I really enjoy the MAK sear grates for grilling.

I guess this isn’t helping much, is it? Whatever jumps out at you as most useful will probably be the right answer :)

IMO, you have the “needs” taken care of... next is prioritizing the “wants”...

I love the lower front cabinet door because it give the MAK a finished look and allows you to easily hide your extra grates.

I use the WiFi on 100% of my cooks... love it!

I really enjoy the MAK sear grates for grilling.

I guess this isn’t helping much, is it? Whatever jumps out at you as most useful will probably be the right answer :)

I didn’t really think when I got the 3/4 grate, but do you think there’s any use for that one or should I see if I can switch to another full grate?

I do like the door, not the $200, though. Might be able to get one of the guys from work to cut something up for me then just get that powder coated.

The WiFi does seem nice, I was also looking at the Remote boss remote, I just like the idea of an alarm inside if something happens. I do wish it came built in though. Caleb mentioned they’re working on another WiFi solution.

I didn’t really think when I got the 3/4 grate, but do you think there’s any use for that one or should I see if I can switch to another full grate?

I do like the door, not the $200, though. Might be able to get one of the guys from work to cut something up for me then just get that powder coated.

The WiFi does seem nice, I was also looking at the Remote boss remote, I just like the idea of an alarm inside if something happens. I do wish it came built in though. Caleb mentioned they’re working on another WiFi solution.

Back