My Annual Rub and BBQ Sauce Recipe......

Juggy D Beerman

Full Fledged Farker
For the last ten years or so, I do my end of the year cleaning of the rubs and sauces I have left at the end of the year. I always write the date on the sauce bottle on when I opened it. I try not to keep any sauce for longer than six months before I either pitch it or add hot sauce and honey to make a wing sauce and use it soon. I guess that is my bi-annual sauce recipe. At the end of the year, every sauce in the fridge is fair game and I mix them all, add hot sauce and honey to taste to make a wing sauce. If the mood hits me, I will add other ingredients that may or may not be in the fridge. This accomplishes two things, my fridge has less bottles on the door rack and I will start the new year with fresh BBQ sauces.

The same deal goes with the BBQ rubs. I combine the contents of all the different open jars of rubs that I have including my own all purpose rub. If I have unopened jars of my rub, I add them too. I clean the labels off the jars and reuse them and refill them with my mystery rub. I will give these jars of rub to my poker buddies, family members and friends. These folks are familiar with my rub and they like it. It never fails after sampling the mystery rub that I get the compliment, "Man oh man, Juggy! That rub you gave sure was a lot better than the last jar of rub you gave. What was in it?"

So for those of you who have read this long winded post, here is my all purpose rub:

Uncle Chuck Bob's Wonder Rub

1/2 Cup - White Sugar
1/2 Cup - Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup - Seasoned Salt
1/3 Cup - Onion Powder
1/3 Cup - Garlic Powder
1/4 Cup - Chili Powder
1/4 Cup - Paprika
1/4 Cup - Lemon Pepper
1/8 Cup - Cayenne Pepper
1/8 Cup - Black Pepper
1/8 Cup - Cavender's Greek Seasoning
1 tsp - Ground Cloves

Notes: This rub may be too hot for some folks. The first time you make this rub, use one tablespoon of cayenne instead of two. Mix the ingredients and taste the rub, if you want it hotter, add another tablespoon of cayenne. Been using this recipe of mine for a long time. Works good on burgers cooked on the grill, using the indirect method. It is my all-purpose rub for most of BBQ items. Store bought rubs are expensive and no more than I BBQ these days, the store bought rubs get old and lose their potency before I can use them up. You can probably cut this recipe in half, but I never have.

Well there you go folks. Now you have my secret rub recipe...........

Christmas beers to all and to all a good beer,

Juggy D Beerman aka Uncle Chuck Bob

Back