2nd annual MAK Brethren Group Buy deal is almost here :)

I bought the sear grate with the discount code. I figured I already have a wireless thermometer with 4 ports so I can get by without the wifi and I found a different cover that I am going to buy. The only other consideration right now, would be a bottom shelf if the 1 star is not stable without it but I expect it will be..

I bought the sear grate with the discount code. I figured I already have a wireless thermometer with 4 ports so I can get by without the wifi and I found a different cover that I am going to buy. The only other consideration right now, would be a bottom shelf if the 1 star is not stable without it but I expect it will be..

My top 3 considerations at the moment for my 1 Star will be:

• Front Shelf
  • Bottom Shelf
  • Sear Grates
I may hold off on the sear grates because I have a weber gasser with GrillGrates on them already.

I'm thinking that the bottom shelf can hold some good storage too. Decisions decisions...

I used the discount code for my 2* on the front door option. Looking forward to this, whenever it may get here.

Spent the morning driving around to see what my pellet options are around here. Traeger is everywhere, but haven't heard too many good thing s about them. The local Lowes carries Pit Boss, Kingsford, and Weber, so I'll look into those. Costco has the 40# Traeger "Championship Blend" for a reasonable price, but no clue if Traeger is actually using is still using the Oil infussion to their pellets - doesn't sound appealing.

2nd annual MAK Brethren Group Buy deal is almost here [emoji4]

I used the discount code for my 2* on the front door option. Looking forward to this, whenever it may get here.

Spent the morning driving around to see what my pellet options are around here. Traeger is everywhere, but haven't heard too many good thing s about them. The local Lowes carries Pit Boss, Kingsford, and Weber, so I'll look into those. Costco has the 40# Traeger "Championship Blend" for a reasonable price, but no clue if Traeger is actually using is still using the Oil infussion to their pellets - doesn't sound appealing.

I love the front lower door... really cleans things up and let’s you hid junk. Do you have any sporting good stores in your area? They can be a great source for pellets.

I ordered WiFi with my discount. I’m really pharking excited! Maybe Robb can put together a group buy on some pellets??

Try Tractor Supply John, they have Bear Mountain pellets here. I like them better than cookingpellets and Lumber Jack also both good choices

I ordered WiFi with my discount. I’m really pharking excited! Maybe Robb can put together a group buy on some pellets??

That would be tough as group buys typically require all participants to pick up from same delivery location. Better to get on one the the large pellet FB pages and see if you can gather 5-6 guys to go in with you.

Personally I just buy Bear Mountain (my fave) from TSC which is 5 mins down the road. $9.99/20lb. Good enough for me :)

Try Tractor Supply John, they have Bear Mountain pellets here. I like them better than cookingpellets and Lumber Jack also both good choices

Yeah, Anne suggested running by TS or our other “Farm Supply” stores, but I ran out of enthusiasm. I’ll give that a shot next trip out.

Thanks for the suggestion Tom.

I need to try Bear Mountain. I stocked up on Lumberjack when it was scarce locally, and now I can find it for $6/lb at my grocery store. I haven't checked out Tractor, but those farm stores can be great for rubs and supplies as well.

Even though Traeger holds a patent for oil infused pellets, has it ever be proven they actually do it? Lots of companies patent ideas they never implement. I used Traeger pellets for years as it was they only pellet I could find locally. Never had a problem with them. In fact, I really liked their Pecan and still buy those occasionally. However, now I usually pick CookinPellets since they have 100% hickory for the about the same price as Traeger pellets.

Back