THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today's the day. As of 5pm Pacific this offer ends. If you have been putting off pulling the trigger, there's no time like the present! If you have questions about MAK Grills, ask them. Thank you to everyone who has bought in so far. After the sale ends, every new Brethren MAK owner will be receiving at least $75 in credit. If we hit milestones, that number will only increase!

That's 8:00 p.m. eastern time folks so we have plenty of time to get in our orders!

I’m this close to pulling the trigger, just haven’t been able to 100% commit, yet. I like the price the of the 1* but don’t want it to be one of those situations where I really regret not getting the 2*. With no real differences in cooking, I can’t decide if it’s really worth it.

Probably won’t cold smoke too much, but I prefer the stainless. I’m at 2 ends of the spectrum with cookers, getting a recteq or going all in with the Mak. Seems to be a lot of regret with Yoder owners and just haven’t seen enough with Pitts and Spitts.

I think this comes down to philosophy. I spent most of my life saving pennies. I always took the cheaper option and I turned down many opportunities to save a few dollars. About 5 or so years ago, I realized that I never regretted when I did spend the extra money, but on several occasions I did regret not getting that nicer model or not going to the concert or taking that trip with some friends. I did a 180 and now if there is a debate in my head, I just take the more expensive option, because I realized I would probably not regret it later. Your personality might be completely different and you might be the opposite, but I feel much better that I discovered this about myself.

Ok my friends, I am now a member of the Mak family. 2 Star general with Mak mobile. Do we have a current count?

Thanks for all of the help your posts have provided. It has helped me and many others make an informed decision that should provide many years of fantastic meals.

Heath

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok my friends, I am now a member of the Mak family. 2 Star general with Mak mobile. Do we have a current count?

Thanks for all of the help your posts have provided. It has helped me and many others make an informed decision that should provide many years of fantastic meals.

Heath

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats Heath and welcome to the MAK family!

I’m this close to pulling the trigger, just haven’t been able to 100% commit, yet. I like the price the of the 1* but don’t want it to be one of those situations where I really regret not getting the 2*. With no real differences in cooking, I can’t decide if it’s really worth it.

Probably won’t cold smoke too much, but I prefer the stainless. I’m at 2 ends of the spectrum with cookers, getting a recteq or going all in with the MAK. Seems to be a lot of regret with Yoder owners and just haven’t seen enough with Pitts and Spitts.

I was in the same situation. The short story is I had always been eyeing the Mak, but the price always deterred me. My pellet smoker buying journey started out with a $1000 budget looking at the Camp Chef Woodwind, and soon moved up to the RT-700 rectec, however I eventually decided on buying Made in the USA. So I increased my budget to looking at the Yoder 640s, but quickly moved on to the Pitts & Spitts. However in the back of my mind and in my heart, I always kept coming back to the MAK. So it came down to the MAK vs Pitts & Spitts.

I really wanted the MAK, but price came in to the equation again... Until the 2nd Annual MAK Brethren Group Buy Deal came along. Perfect timing! :-o

My new dilemma, less expensive MAK 1 Star or what I really wanted, the MAK 2 Star? I didn't care so much about the warmer/cold smoker at the time, but I wanted the stainless steel and extra shelving space, and I just liked the looks better. I also didn't want to regret not getting the 2 Star, which I knew I would especially this being a one time purchase.

This review link posted by Robb on the MAK 2 Star was a big help. https://slickbbq.com/mak-2-star-general-pellet-grill-review/

I finally decided to get in touch with Caleb. I told him Robb says we all should buy a MAK. Caleb replied, "HAHA he's not wrong!"

At this point with the discount it wasn't hard to 100% commit... So I purchased a MAK 2 Star General with Full Upper Grate and Grill Cover with the Brethren Discount! :grin:

They say timing is everything, and it certainly was in my case. If your on the fence, now is the time to act. This is a great deal MAK is offering with the discount plus the added incentives! I hope this helps anyone trying to make a last minute decision, since today is the last day of the group buy. I don't think you can go wrong with either the MAK 1 or 2 Star, just choose which works best for your situation and pull the trigger while you still can!

I want to thank Robb, Caleb, MAK, and all the Brethren for making it possible to finally get my MAK 2 Star General.

Have an awesome day all!

We are currently sitting at 21 units sold. Seems there are a good half-dozen+ Brethren that are soooooo close to pulling the trigger. The clock is ticking my friends [emoji354]

Afternoon, gentlemen! Caleb here.

What's becoming the annual BBQ Brethren Group Buy (thanks, Crispy and Robb!) is my favorite week of the year. Getting to chat with y'all makes sitting alone in a cold office all year totally worth it!

That said, I got a cold beer, pulled pork, and a pretty wife waiting for me at home, and it being Friday I'm outta here at 5. Hope to hear from you soon if I haven't already!

Have a great weekend, guys!

So big surprise today.....I got a phone call from Fedex saying my Mak is already in Denver!!!!
It’s being delivered on Tuesday. Didn’t expect it nearly that early but ordering early is paying off. Can’t wait.

Welcome to the MAK family!

So big surprise today.....I got a phone call from Fedex saying my Mak is already in Denver!!!!
It’s being delivered on Tuesday. Didn’t expect it nearly that early but ordering early is paying off. Can’t wait.

Awesome!!! Call FedEx as soon as you see it arrive at your local depot and get that delivery scheduled. I wouldn’t encourage you to wait for them to call you, just trust me :)

I for one don't want mine delivered that fast. I still have 1 foot of snow in the back yard & it doesn't look like it'll melt for 2-3 weeks.

OK, now that I have officially placed my order, I am starting to work my way through the Owners/Tips thread on the MAK to learn a few things about it.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279483

Also trying to figure out which accessories are considered to be a higher priority by the majority of owners. I am considering a few cosmetic or convenience things (Front door, front shelf), but wondered if I would be better off going in a different direction. I don't fully understand the features of the MAK, so I'm not sure if I'm missing out on anything. I have many grilling options, so I don't think the searing grate is a high priority.

Getting the 2* with the Super Smoker box and a full 2nd shelf. Not sure I "need" the WiFi capability.

Suggestions?

OK, now that I have officially placed my order, I am starting to work my way through the Owners/Tips thread on the MAK to learn a few things about it.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279483

Also trying to figure out which accessories are considered to be a higher priority by the majority of owners. I am considering a few cosmetic or convenience things (Front door, front shelf), but wondered if I would be better off going in a different direction. I don't fully understand the features of the MAK, so I'm not sure if I'm missing out on anything. I have many grilling options, so I don't think the searing grate is a high priority.

Getting the 2* with the Super Smoker box and a full 2nd shelf. Not sure I "need" the WiFi capability.

Suggestions?

Well, I have owned every accessory with the exception of the 2* front shelf. My first two must haves would be the cover and full upper grate (used constantly). Next would be WiFi (love it!), followed by the sear grates, lower cabinet door then additional upper grates...

My priorities may not be yours though... [emoji2371]

Well, decided to get the 2* with a full rack and 3/4 rack. Hoping it was the right choice!

You’ll be pleasantly surprised at the amount of cooking real estate your gonna have. MAK’s are deceptively large. Welcome to the MAK family :)

Back