3rd Annual MAK Brethren Group Buy deal going live TOMORROW!

rwalters

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Robb
MAK Grills has graciously agreed to do a 3rd annual run of what has turned to be a very popular event around here. As previously mentioned, this is quite special, as MAK Grills really only does this for the Brethren. Simply put, they build a premium product and demand a premium price. If you are at all considering a MAK Grill you will not want to miss this opportunity. I have seen a fair number of you that are still kicking yourselves for not joining the MAK family last year. Don’t let this slip away if that’s you :)

This will take place 3/23-30.

You can reach MAK Grills two ways this time:
1. Call Ryan direct at (503) 623-1234.
2. Email Ryan with any and all questions at ryan@makgrills.com with the subject line “BBQ Brethren Group Buy 2022”.

Please know that there will be a 4-6 week lead time this year on all grill purchases. Ryan asked that I make sure y’all are aware of that.

As far as pricing, that will be between you and MAK Grills. It will be the same for everyone... that I know. As always, it is the request of MAK Grills that we not publicize or discuss pricing.

Look forward to seeing the MAK Family continue to grow!! :)

While I must pass I look forward to reading about Brethren purchases

I thought you being MIA was going to mean this wasn't going to happen. The wife had given me a pass to pull the trigger on this if it did happen this year. Oddly I am not sure if I will be able to pull the trigger even with that pass, but now I am going to have a tough decision to make that I thought I was safe from.

Glad you have you back around because your posts are always interesting.

If you have any desire for a high quality American Made pellet grill, MAK is very hard to beat. A year later, I have zero regrets on buying a MAK other than maybe wishing I bought the all stainless 2 Star instead of the regular. Always gives reliable performance and has an excellent smoke profile for a pellet grill.

I bought mine during the group buy in 2020. No regrets and totally recommended buying one if you're looking for a pellet smoker.

Got my 2* during last year’s group buy.

No regrets. Solid. No unexpected issues. Buy Once, Cry Once. :thumb:

….. and now fully realize that yes, different BRANDS of pellets make a big difference. Still experimenting and learning.

Rob forced me to buy the MAK 1 Star during last year's group buy and I'm very happy I did. Does a great job smoking and searing and is very well made.

The only think I don't like is having to type MAK in all caps and then appending the number of stars after that to identify which model I have.

If going with the one star I would definitely recommend getting a full size second grate, a side shelf and a cover. The cover is not 100% waterproof so pick up a can of KIWI® Camp Dry as well.

Rob forced me to buy the MAK 1 Star during last year's group buy and I'm very happy I did. Does a great job smoking and searing and is very well made.

The only think I don't like is having to type MAK in all caps and then appending the number of stars after that to identify which model I have.

If going with the one star I would definitely recommend getting a full size second grate, a side shelf and a cover. The cover is not 100% waterproof so pick up a can of KIWI[emoji2400] Camp Dry as well.

Darn straight… I remember having the gun to your back like it was yesterday [emoji48]

Last edited:
I bought my son a 1-star (ironically, a couple weeks after the group buy last year). I’ve only been able to cook on it a couple times but I was really impressed. My recteq is pretty well built and has put out some great food over the years but the MAK was much better, in particular it’s ability to produce great smoke at higher smoking temps.

We’re in the middle of having the deck rebuilt and I’m trying to decide if I want to drag everything back up there or use it as an excuse to make some changes. If they made the 1 or 2 star as a built in it would probably push me over the edge to go that direction including upgrading the gasser. While the 3 star solves that problem, it creates some others.

Back