3rd Annual MAK Brethren Group Buy deal going live TOMORROW!

I wish I had the funds to update my 2017** to the stainless model, real life just isn't compatible right now. Also my wife keeps reminding the 2017 is working great 3-4 times a week, so there is no rush to get a shiny update, at least now. I have a dream...

Unfortunately, the 2* stainless is not available and will not be part of this promotion. i am still on the fence as ultimately mine will be built in. i always thought I needed the stainless due to its 100% 304 stainless here in Oregon

maybe i don’t need that??

Unfortunately, the 2* stainless is not available and will not be part of this promotion. i am still on the fence as ultimately mine will be built in. i always thought I needed the stainless due to its 100% 304 stainless here in Oregon

The all stainless is nice, but so is the standard. On the standard, you have 304 SS in every place it counts… which is all of the high wear n tear areas. And as with all MAK’s, anywhere you have powder coating, underneath you have aluminized steel. Bottom line, you should never experience rust even if you were to have a chip or two in the finish. I can say that the powder coating is some of the best I have seen on a cooker. Quality stuff.

Definitely a quieter event than the previous 2 years. With all that is going on around us, wasn’t sure what to expect. Soooo, who among us took advantage of this Group Buy deal?

With all due respect to this thread, if you want a all stainless drop in pellet grill/smoker check this out. Both of my bro's picked up one each as they're both building islands for their homes. Haven't seen it perform yet but I've put my hands on it and it's solid as solid gets.

https://www.bbqguys.com/coyote-outdoor-living/36-bi-pellet-grill-c1p36?utm_source=google&utm_medium=paid&utm_campaign=1558352392&utm_content=362726330149&utm_term=3070276&species=shopping-ad&campaignid=1558352392&adgroupid=77833412084&creative=362726330149&targetid=aud-642428410691:pla-1642920845935&network=g&device=c&adtype=pla_with_promotion&productchannel=online&productid=3070276&productpartitionid=1642920845935&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv6Tz9v3w9gIVxR6tBh27lwToEAQYASABEgLatvD_BwE

dLumYt3l.jpg

T6RKoDll.jpg

Well, I conversed with some questions (email and phone). up against the time line; sent an email indicating my decision to buy, a 2* (with door, front shelf, cover and grill grates). Unsure of my hasty decision; I wondered if the best choice. Today, however, the 30th
has passed and I have no response from MAK.

If I can't get a response to a $3500 sale; what would support be? Unsure; but at least I have not spent any funds.

Well, I was down to 2 PG choices. Given the group buy; I hastily decided to do the MAK. A few emails on questions and a phone call, no issue. I sent the email indicating I would like to purchase (2* with grill grate, front shelf, cover, and door).

No reply/call back. If I can't get a response for a $3500 sale; what would support response be like? Maybe just bad luck on my part; but perhaps I'll be happy w/o.

Well, I was down to 2 PG choices. Given the group buy; I hastily decided to do the MAK. A few emails on questions and a phone call, no issue. I sent the email indicating I would like to purchase (2* with grill grate, front shelf, cover, and door).

No reply/call back. If I can't get a response for a $3500 sale; what would support response be like? Maybe just bad luck on my part; but perhaps I'll be happy w/o.
Very unfortunate. That's not been my experience. But I can understand your concerns.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I actually had a similar situation. My controller went all wonky and started scrolling through every option all the time. Showing each probe with like a 300* + temp, even though I've never once used their probes. and when I want to adjust the temp I have to 'over, over, over, over, okay now set' so I emailed them. This was within the first month of my purchase. I didn't hear anything for several weeks and then I get "just blow some canned air in there, sometimes water gets in the sensors" I wrote off their support at that point. It was very unprofessional and felt obvious that I was bothering them.

I actually had a similar situation. My controller went all wonky and started scrolling through every option all the time. Showing each probe with like a 300* + temp, even though I've never once used their probes. and when I want to adjust the temp I have to 'over, over, over, over, okay now set' so I emailed them. This was within the first month of my purchase. I didn't hear anything for several weeks and then I get "just blow some canned air in there, sometimes water gets in the sensors" I wrote off their support at that point. It was very unprofessional and felt obvious that I was bothering them.

Definitely not the support MAK is known for… but I would be equally disappointed if I experienced what either of you did. Sorry to hear this.

Sometimes it takes a few tries. A lot of staff shortage around nowadays so there are guys wearing more than one hat.

I’m new here, only been a member around a month and was excited when I saw this group buy happen again. From all my research, mainly online, Mak was one of the top pellet grills on my list. A few other brands around the 2 star price point also on the short list but I jumped on this offer. I called around 430 pac, Wednesday and spoke with Ryan he was awesome. Answered all my questions even a few extra as we were wrapping up the call, I kept hitting him with the “oh 1 more thing” and he happily obliged and answered my questions. Based off my brief experience The customer service was great and I’m patiently looking forward to receiving my Mak 2*. Thank you for setting it up and I hope to share plenty of pics of delicious food and learn a lot from the Brethren in the process.

I’m new here, only been a member around a month and was excited when I saw this group buy happen again. From all my research, mainly online, Mak was one of the top pellet grills on my list. A few other brands around the 2 star price point also on the short list but I jumped on this offer. I called around 430 pac, Wednesday and spoke with Ryan he was awesome. Answered all my questions even a few extra as we were wrapping up the call, I kept hitting him with the “oh 1 more thing” and he happily obliged and answered my questions. Based off my brief experience The customer service was great and I’m patiently looking forward to receiving my Mak 2*. Thank you for setting it up and I hope to share plenty of pics of delicious food and learn a lot from the Brethren in the process.

Awesome! That’s the MAK experience we’re used to hearing about. Welcome to the MAK family :)

Well, I conversed with some questions (email and phone). up against the time line; sent an email indicating my decision to buy, a 2* (with door, front shelf, cover and grill grates). Unsure of my hasty decision; I wondered if the best choice. Today, however, the 30th
has passed and I have no response from MAK.

If I can't get a response to a $3500 sale; what would support be? Unsure; but at least I have not spent any funds.

I got in on the group buy last year. I also just purchased some accessories. I can tell you they have always promptly responded to me. Give Ryan a call at 503-623-1234 and I'm sure he will answer any questions you may have.

I am not responding to this to promote MAK, just giving my experience with them so far which has been great. Whatever you end up doing, good luck in your cooker purchase.

I agree with Bush438, you should give them a call. They’re really a small company in the biz. I was supposed to be a part of some of the beta testing and that is why I decided to buy one to begin with. However, with management changes I was totally forgotten in that and if the product wasn’t stellar on its own I’d be frustrated, but it’s so good on its own I’ve not even bothered Ryan to see if I could get in on the app beta. You have to keep in mind every company is dealing with insane supply chain issues the past couple years. If you want immediate answers pick up the phone and talk to someone directly.

MAK is great, but small. If you want immediate help, don’t be a wuss and hit up their digits…and remember they are in the Pacific Time Zone…actually a benefit to most procrastinators.

MAK does not have hundreds let alone thousands of employees like Traeger and Weber. They don’t staff for 24/7 responses to anything a customer could ask about. My experience is in the end they do care and truly understand their products and will do whatever they can to answer your concerns.

Update

no need to rehash the details; but was able to connect with Ryan and got my order placed. Should have the 2* in a few weeks!

Did not want to leave anyone wondering.

Back