2014 SoCal Bash: Saturday May 17: North Hills/Van Nuys Airport Adjacent

How do I get an invite? Is there something I need to do to attend?

There's no invite, really. If you are a Brethren, relatively well behaved and play well with others, than you're in! :thumb:

As we get closer, I'll start a separate head count thread, so everyone who's definitely in can confirm, as well as what each person will be bringing. A week before the bash, I'll send everyone who is coming a PM with address/directions.

There's no invite, really. If you are a Brethren, relatively well behaved and play well with others, than you're in! :thumb:

As we get closer, I'll start a separate head count thread, so everyone who's definitely in can confirm, as well as what each person will be bringing. A week before the bash, I'll send everyone who is coming a PM with address/directions.

That sounds like a perfect afternoon for me! Count me in on this...now I need to start thinking of what to bring!

That sounds like a perfect afternoon for me! Count me in on this...now I need to start thinking of what to bring!

Glad you'll be joining!

There's always a diverse set of needs at a bash; in addition to lots of food, we need stuff like charcoal, adult and non adult beverages, ice, stuff like that. So if you're not up for cooking, there's always other supplies you can bring. :thumb:

Last year we did a pretty good job of getting everyone organized in terms of who was bringing what, although we had a TON of leftovers that sadly, went to waste. Hopefully we can avoid that this time.

I'm thinking of double smoking a country ham (which means biscuits as well) and I'll be snagging some sausage in TX this weekend that I'll throw in the freezer and bring for folks to sample. A little taste of East TN and TX.

Now the country ham has me thinking about grits...hmmm....

I'm thinking of double smoking a country ham (which means biscuits as well) and I'll be snagging some sausage in TX this weekend that I'll throw in the freezer and bring for folks to sample. A little taste of East TN and TX.

Now the country ham has me thinking about grits...hmmm....

Would that ham be a la Phrasty?

^^^Nah, it'll already be cured. I don't think the climate is right to cure a country ham here - it has to hang for a long time - weeks - and the temp can't get over a certain temp - can't remember what it is - 50? 60? - but whatever it is, we don't get enough days in a row to do that. I'd love to though. I've double smoked country hams a few times - farking tasty!

As to leftovers - I'll bring ziplocks and containers and whatnot so folks can leave with a decent feedbag.

I am putting this on my skedoolie. I was at Santa Anita last weekend helping Neil out and had some of his pastrami....WOW! The bologna was something too.

Hey CD,
Thanks Brother!!!
It would be great to see you again!!

The bash,
I still do not know if I will be able to make it.
The city of Torrance has their armed forces day parade that day. It is the longest running parade in the country honoring our military and it takes over my neighborhood. They fly military aircraft over the top of my house every year and my kids always look foreword to this event.

That being said,
My kids would not be happy with me taking off before the parade is over.
So, if I make it, I will be running late as always.

Had a great time last year and would love to come hang out at the Generals home again!!

Added: anyone wanting to come see the parade and needs a place to park let me know.
I have up close parking!!

Where's all the so cal members??? We need to get together and bbq.
What ever plans you got reschedule. This is a once a year meet up. I even asked for the day off and got a babysitter. Will drive about 1 hour 20 min to get there.

Your dodgers/cowboys brother from another mother is here and is making the run.

I know there are more of us.

Socalians: do we want our Texas bros to roll their eyes at us? NO! Represent!

Back