2017 Saturday Oct 7 SoCal Fall Bash North Hills/Van Nuys Airport Adjacent: Head Count & Food Planning!

I, too, forgot to snap more pics than I did.

Here are mine:

The picanha is cut 184D for Butchers. Top Sirloin Cap.

http://www.beefinnovationsgroup.com/valuecuts/sirloin/data_pdf/topSirloinCap-How_to_Cut.pdf

GTR trimmed it a bit, salted it a bit, and rotisseried it a bit. BOOM!

It was great seeing eveyone and making new friends! I have a doggie bag that I am still too stuffed to eat. I'm saving the pie for last.

Last edited:
It was great seeing everybody again as well as a few few new people. Great food and a great time. I really need to figure out a way to get some Picanha - so simple, yet so much flavor!

Thanks to Major for allowing us to use his place for this GTG. Truly a great place for something like this to be held. Thanks to Moose for getting this thing together!

Now have had a li'l time to decompress and would like to thank all my California Brethren for their incredible warmth and hospitality. Our Throwdown-meister Richard (Moose) and Kathleen hosted me Friday night and from the start it was like visiting old friends. Had such an awesome (and educational; learned several cooking tips) time with them and someday hope to repay their generosity. Was so excited to see Brethren met last year and it seemed like just a few days instead of over a year since first meeting them.

So much great food and probably only tried 2/3 of the dishes (keep seeing pictures of food missed) but that's a common problem of all bashes (might blame Ray's (Silverfinger's) beef ribs. Truly beef crack.

Awarded Scott (DUBBAGA) the most creative dish for his shrimp and avocado masterpiece.

Saturday night Greg (gtr) was my host and I got to experience riding at on the 405 at high speed (already experienced some low speed rides on this highway.) Enjoyed spending time with Greg and Shannon once again and feel blessed to know such lovely people. Had a great time Sunday visiting Marty (campdude) and Nancy and sharing some bash food with them.

Sad that Sako and Neil couldn't attend this year so guess a return trip is required.

Not to take away from the wonderful food but the friendship is what makes these bashes epic. Hopefully somebody who hasn't attended one might decide to check one out (we're having one in Texas Nov. 11th). The Spirit of The Brethren is not easily described but it's easily experienced.

One tip: show up hungry.

Last edited:
My wife and I had such a great time at the bbq bash this week. Also, we we're so honored and blessed to have Mike and Ann stay with us for a few days from Louisiana. Our kids fell in love with both of them (us too) and we were all sad to see them go back home today. They are true examples of how kind Southern folks are from the South.

My wife and I would like to thank Richard & Kathleen, Major & Karen for hosting the BBQ Bash this year! We were blessed beyond words by how they welcomed everyone into their homes and made everyone feel so comfortable and at home. Between them, Greg & Shannon who also have hosted many events, Us California Brethren are definitely spoiled. The food as always was off the charts and there was more food and drinks then anyone could consume in a day. I'm still eating leftovers from the bash. There was so much food that there was talk about bringing two guests with you next year just to help us eat all the food. These bashes have definitely become one of the best kept secrets of Southern California and elsewhere in our country. I know of nothing else like them.

It was so great to see everyone!!
Can't wait till next time :thumb:

What a great time. Bummed that I had to miss it. :sad: Hey at least I was popping antibiotic pills :chillpill:, sipping on cough syrup, and sucking down lemon-lime/fruit punch Gatorades like never before. :tongue:

What a great time. Bummed that I had to miss it. :sad: Hey at least I was popping antibiotic pills :chillpill:, sipping on cough syrup, and sucking down lemon-lime/fruit punch Gatorades like never before. :tongue:

We're just glad you're on the mend. You'll make the next one, I'm sure! :thumb:

Back